Made the jump (end of sub taper)

Coming up on 48 hours of zero opiates in my system after finishing a 50 day suboxone taper. Definitely still holding my breath as I know it will still be in my system for a few more days but I was down to .13mg before going to 0 so I’m hoping it doesn’t get too bad over the coming days. This 48 hours means a lot to me, haven’t had that much time voluntarily off all substances in over a decade! For anyone wondering, my taper experience was pretty good, starting at 4mg once daily and getting down to .13 by the end of the 50 days. I know many will be thinking that is really fast for a sub taper, but I’ll say that I was on h/fent for years leading up to this so sub wasn’t something I’d been doing for a while and the discomfort that came with the taper was pretty manageable. Still waking up tired and yawning/sneezing alot but its not so bad I can’t stand it, so stand it I shall lol and hopefully things will start to feel better in the coming weeks. I never thought I’d be able to get here, and at this point I’m still taking it hour by hour, but I’m hopeful and proud of myself for my progress. 2 months ago I was on a 2 gram a day fent habit, blowing through money like crazy and absolutely fucking miserable every minute of the day, high or not. Today I feel like crap, but my mind is slowly starting to claw its way out of the fog I’ve been living in for so long. I’m writing music again, working on a dnd campaign based on a fiction podcast I love, spending more time with friends and actually interacting with the people I care about in my life. There’s so much I want for myself and my life and it gets overwhelming to think about reversing the course on ALL the damage I’ve done to my life in active addiction, but that’s when I remind myself that it doesn’t and can’t happen all at once. 1% better a day will eventually get you to 100! Sorry for the long post, thanks for reading hope yall have a great sober day!

2 Likes

Thanks man! Yeah I will absolutely keep you posted on how it’s going over the next couple weeks, I’ve spent a ton of time “doom scrolling” through other people’s stories about tapering, good and bad, so I know how it feels to want to know what you’re up against. Seems like the biggest consistency is a disappointing “everyone is different” but just knowing myself and how I deal with withdrawals and how much dope I’d been doing, I was assuming the worst for this whole taper experience and have been pleasantly surprised. It hasn’t been a picnic by any means but it has been TOLERABLE, which is the gold fucking standard when it comes to withdrawal symptoms as I’m sure you know lol. Keep up the great work dude you are kicking ass and doing absolutely fantastic!

1 Like