Max limits?

Hey @Robin

Is there now a maximum limit on threads and DM’s? The male sex addicts had a DM support group that was just closed because it reached 500 replies. And the sober leg selfies closed because it was over 2500. Some clean up going on?

Nm, found your reply. Sucks, but probably must be done.

1 Like

It’s just much better to have smaller topics. Reading through 55k posts is not something anyone would realistically be doing. It’s better to instead start a new topic and separate things like that.

7 Likes

Understandable. My Facts thread is safe for now then. That’s all I care about!

4 Likes

For now :smiling_imp:

9 Likes

Nooooooo!!!:scream::scream::scream:

1 Like

Any chance of getting the limit to private threads increased?

8 Likes

Agreed :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I think 500 is fair for a private message. Unless you have some solid motivation?

There are some private group messages, for the purpose of having private discussions off the main public forum on sensitive subjects and amongst specific people. Because there is a group of people within it, the number of messages can add up at times. Just a thought…

7 Likes

Ariel is right. I’m part of a male sex addiction personal message group. There are over a dozen on the group. It runs up very quickly.

3 Likes

Thirded. There are some pretty big private group threads out there.

2 Likes

Also the 2.5k limit seems low for the open forum. All the pressure seemed to come off once the two, 20k+ threads were rebooted a few months back.

I guess you know the tale of the tape better than us, though!

2 Likes

Fair enough. I’ve increased it to 2500.

7 Likes

Hurray! :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Out of interest how do u get to be part of the private groups?

2 Likes

They are set up by messaging eachother. The group Rob is referring to suffer the same addiction, have got to know eachother a little and created a private messaging group I believe. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s just a DM with multiple people in it.

1 Like

Just not sure how it works here. Finding it really hard today and so close to falling again

1 Like

Share what’s going on on a thread. Create one and tell us what you’re experiencing. We can help.

1 Like