May fitness challenge. Don’t Be a square, join us!

I think I’m out of this challenge. It has only confirmed my burnout I was experiencing during the previous challenges. I’m just gonna keep doing my own thing. I’m sorry guys :pensive:

6 Likes

I got the acupuncture yesterday and he put some weird little things on my ear. He said it’s suppose to be like continuous acupuncture on my pressure points for the area on pain.

There are small changes, less nerve pain when lifting my arm and flexing my wrist but the tenseness in my neck is still there. I got done and I told him it didn’t feel any different but it was last night when I notified the decrease in nerve pain. He said it could take a few sessions for it to be fixed :expressionless::roll_eyes:
I’m still doing weight lifting, running and walking the dogs. I just can’t get in the mental mindset for the challenge.

4 Likes

You are carrying some stress, so this is not completely unexpected. I used to get torticollis (kind of a paralysis of one side of the neck) real bad. Then I quit drinking, that helped a whole lot!

2 Likes

You guys are all doing so well!!
Sorry to hear you’re having a tough month @Runningfree
I’m struggling to find the energy and motivation at the moment so have done jack this week :confused: hopefully I can get myself moving this coming week again as I know it’s so good for my mental health more than anything else. Much love to you all x

7 Likes

Day 12 & 13 done! :white_check_mark: I’ve also been to the gym the past two days, and yesterday I went for a walk.
@Runningfree sorry to hear you’re not in your best moment Jen, sometimes a break from certain things is all we need! No need to push things!

4 Likes

I agree with all the others @Becsta and @Runningfree . It’s a great step to admit, no I cannot do this and I don’t want to do this. And this is good.

I had some sessions in therapy of acupuncture and as I am always curious I tried. I cannot remember exactly what I gave as symptoms at that time but I remember that one was sleep and she punctured some points and I slept like a baby. Placebo or not. It helped.

Day 12 and 13 done. Log it now in the app I use for my normal workouts which is great as they now came up with a feature to create your own workouts.
And I tried the dumbbell I got this morning. Already multiplies my possibilities here. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Another 5k done today. Literally only running once a week at the moment. I’d rather start off slow and keep it consistent than go hard and give it up :blush: hopefully this week I’ll improve my diet a bit more and try to get a mid week walk in too. Much love to everyone

4 Likes

Day 14 done today… today was a rest day, so I’m back on track! :white_check_mark::white_check_mark::blush:

5 Likes

Da 16 done. This MF wanted to get me but I was faster.

And day 14 done.

4 Likes

:joy: I got bit by a spider 2 weeks ago (not sure, I think it was a spider…) I still have this big red mark on my hip. + Mosquitoes are everywhere lately! :exploding_head:
Day 16 done :white_check_mark: :ballot_box_with_check: + a body combat at the gym!

5 Likes

Day 17 done. Still, mountain climbers are my least favourite even less than Burpees :scream: so glad it wasn’t in today.

5 Likes

Day 17 done! :white_check_mark: I did a quick Tabata of 2 rounds + 4K walk. I got home late from work and by the time I finished my walk it was already getting dark (and it gets dark at 9:00 pm by now…) Proud I got my ass out of the house after a long day! :muscle:t2:

4 Likes

Day 18 done.

3 Likes

Day 18 done! :white_check_mark: + 6K walk at my “therapy route”! :rofl:

4 Likes

Day 19 done and compared to my memory of last year it is a good choice if mine to do sets. Currently 45 + 30 and now 3x30 or 2x45 :thinking:

3 Likes

I am sorry to hear this. I hope it works out for you somehow, without too much trouble and hurting. It will and certainly does. Take care of yourself and no need to excuse yourself. Really. Everyone checks in as they like. Sobriety first.

2 Likes

Day 20 done! I had to catch up on 19, because yesterday I skipped…
@Astro Im sorry to hear that you’re going through rough times, Colin… a separation never is easy. I hope better times are to come!

3 Likes

Day 21 done. Don’t feel it today.

3 Likes

Day 21 :white_check_mark: + 7K walk! :call_me_hand:t2:

4 Likes

Day 22 done.

4 Likes