Maybe there is hope

Hi guys! It’s been way too long since I’ve checked in- no good. But! I’m checking in now.

I have 64 days clean and sober :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’ve been in intensive groups for almost 2 months now, I love it and I love therapy! Wish I hadn’t waited for my life to fall apart to take advantage of it.

Anyway, a quick backstory- I got my second DUI in a year this past January and have had a complete mental breakdown. I’m still struggling with my mental health as there’s something out of my control in that realm.

So, I recently went to court. I truly thought I was going to jail because, who gets 2 DUI’s in 9 months?? And by the grace of God, I wasn’t sent to jail. I was ordered to go to 14 days of inpatient treatment. It’s going to be horrible being away from my children, I’m so scared to be from them.

I guess that’s where my acceptance is coming in. There’s nothing I can do, so I plan to again take full advantage of this even if it is court mandated.

Sorry to back track and I’m sure you already know, but with having my second DUI and such I had thought that I lost everything. I was ashamed to reach out to my work and be honest. I was almost ready to just go radio silent and find another gig to avoid it. Needless to say, that route was the worst I could’ve taken in the work front. I spoke to my union representative today whom I have a close relationship with and confided in him and wow. I wish I called sooner, he was so kind, supportive, worried, helpful etc. made me feel like there is some hope, I just need to give it time.

One foot in front of the other :pray:t3:

9 Likes

There is always hope :heavy_heart_exclamation:
Glad you feel it too.
I think people around you has hope too, that’s why you didn’t go to jail but to impatient treatment instead. There’s change ahead and you are grabbing it. For yourself and your children. Like you said yourself: one foot for another.
We believe in you, you are stronger then you think :facepunch:

2 Likes

I love this. Glad to see you checking in with hope. Its amazing what facing problems headon and getting through em rather than avoiding em can do! Proud of you for taking positive action

2 Likes

Your attitude after going through such a period of crisis is admirable. You’ll gain so much in this opportunity for treatment by maintaining that hopeful attitude and making the most of the situation. I hope you’ll keep us posted on your progress! Well done on your 64 days clean and sober!!!

3 Likes

There is always hope. :bouquet: Welcome back.

1 Like