Me first AA meeting

Went to my first AA meeting and it was the best thing. I didn’t feel alone and I was relating to everyone I was super emotional cried the entire time it felt like. But I’m so glad I made that first step.

21 Likes

Glad to hear you had a positive experience! I am a member as well.

2 Likes

Well done stick with the winners like me and Frank wish you well

2 Likes

Well done! Sounds like you needed a good cry too! You must of been exhausted after but also a weight lifted a little?

1 Like

Yes it felt good to let it out and express how I feel.

1 Like

really happy for you, its a great feeling to finally be apart of something bigger than your own problems.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family!

1 Like

Welcome to TS @Ashleyjeff, so good to hear you had a positive experience at AA… I havnt been brave enough yet, I don’t know what it is but I’m just a little apprehensive about going… I did join a small support group before lockdown but that ended quickly and lockdown became a bluuur :exploding_head: but hitting 40days sober today… I’m glad I seen your post and see how positive it was this has givin me the wee push I need … im lucky to have joined TS and I have been coming here for my support, even jsut reading posts has been great… good luck on your journey, you will smash it, :dizzy:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! That’s a great first step. I’m glad to hear you found some comfort there.

1 Like

40 days that’s awesome!! I’m so happy for you, yes it was exactly what I needed! I went to another one today and will go again tomorrow. It literally stops me from going to the bar knowing I can go elsewhere to get my feelings out instead of hiding them by alcohol. When you do go let me know so I can read how it has helped you

2 Likes

Excellent. It has helped me substantially and many others like me.

1 Like

I will keep you posted thank you so much… I’m so happy to hear you are having such a positive experience… looking forward to hearing about your journey and starting my own… :dizzy:

1 Like