Meditation anyone?

For years I struggled to “learn” how to meditate. Could never calm my busy mind or control my thoughts (forget about trying to “focus” on my breath, I ended up holding it haha). I would end up SO frustrated, and what was suppose to be a technique to reduce stress ended up adding to it. I have been subscribing to an app called Headspace for about 2 years now. It has been invaluable for me!!! The instruction is so down to earth and simple. Which was a “light bulb” moment for me. There is a feature where you can have “friends” in order to encourage each other and remind each other to meditate daily. If any one would like to try it with me, just leave (or message) me your email and I will send you an invite :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Hey @Jade_xo, samesies with me. Even after years of sobriety, yoga and the occasional meditation AA meeting, I was struggling to meditate regularly and on my own. Well, as with most things, doing it on my own was not the best solution. I’ve been on Simple Habit for a couple of years now, and it sounds similar, I can add friends, choose the amount of time (5 minutes a morning during the week, up to 30 minutes on the weekend is my usual pattern), choose series and etc. I’d be down for trying headspace, it’s good to switch things up in occasion.

For anyone else, I can tell you that short guided meditations in the morning have gradually impacted my mood and tolerance and willingness to change. Blessings on your house :pray:!

3 Likes

Thx for the tips,will try it😀

1 Like

I’m going to look into Simple Habit as well, thanks!

It’s amazing!!! I can send you and invite if you like. Just message me your email :blush:

Going to check this app out :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can send you an invite to be my “buddy” if you like it. Just let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

Tagging in @siand! Namaste. :pray:

3 Likes

Does it have to be people who use Headspace? I have a subscription with Calm.

I have been slacking for a week or so but am getting back onto morning meditation as of today. I post a short summary on the below thread and find that a good way of keeping me accountable (most of the time anyway!). The more the merrier :blush:

2 Likes

Yes, it does have to be people who use Headspace, so you can actually see each other’s “progress” and send encouragement and reminders. Thanks! I will join that thread right now!

1 Like

I would love to share progress on headspace with you. I have started recently and it is super helpful, but I don’t yet have a reliable daily routine with it. I don’t know how to add you?

2 Likes

So sorry for the delayed response! Great! If you message me you email, I will send you a buddy invite :grin:.