Meeting at AA first time

I’m going to my first AA meeting today I’ve done groups and worker support in the past but afterwards I used to crave so bad I’m a binge drinker I can go in for weeks/days and my behaviour is terrible and the mood afterwards is god damn awful, what can I expect I don’t want to be walking away with the crave of drink like I used to,

5 Likes

Let somebody know that you are new in recovery and they will take care of you from there. You will feel welcomed, safe and hopeful after the meeting. I guarantee it. :100:

4 Likes

Like @SinceIAwoke said, just go in and tell them you are new there. They will help direct you. My first AA meeting, I was SO nervous to attend but I managed to push those fears aside and go in, even though I wanted to vomit instead. It was mentally hard for me for some reason but there was nothing to truly be afraid of. It was a welcoming room of people that just wanted to recover and help others do the same. Proud of you for trying something different! A little willingness can really can go a long way to help save your life. :pray:

2 Likes

I got there and it wasn’t open oh well least I tried and got a 2 mile jog out if it same again Sunday just keep trying

1 Like