Meetings? Sponsors?

Trying to maintain, not sure doing this alone will work. I have seen the program work but with social anxiety I have a hard time dragging myself to a meeting. The fact that I don’t drive makes it easier to avoid. Wondering if I can just participate with groups like this. Thoughts?

5 Likes

Welcome! You can certainly find lots of support just reading and sharing here.

For other, live support groups like AA, many are still working in a hybrid format (live + zoom). So you could check it out from home.

You could also call your local branch and probably find someone is happy to give you a ride to a meeting. Or there are sites like intherooms.com that work all online.

As for sponsorship though, that you’re unlikely to find on the forum. Here’s a thread with info on what sponsorship is about:

Stick around though, and surely you can meet lots of folks who will still be here to support you!

5 Likes

Many have! Be active here it helps! Loads of zoom meetings as well.

3 Likes

I would do meetings over zoom. One of the best outcomes of the pandemic is that most meetings opened up virtual options. You can find many different varieties of sobriety zoom meetings at any time of the day that will make it easier with your social anxiety. This forum is great, but to get sober and stay that way I need actual meetings in addition.

1 Like