Melatonin should i?

Should i take Melatonin for the mean time?

1 Like

Melatonin worked great for me at first, but then I started to develop a tolerance to it and had to take more and more to get to sleep. Eventually it just didn’t work. Granted I was around 13 then and I’m gonna be 20 and I haven’t tried it since. So that tolerance could very well be gone. Just a warning.

3 Likes

Hmmm. maybe one tab won’t hurt :relaxed:

1 Like

But thank you for the Heads up !

1 Like

Works ok for sleep. However, I noticed that I would often sleep walk when I took it. Kind of freaked me out. Reminded me of being blackout, doing things I dont remember. But that is just me. I am a very intense dreamer.
For other people it does not work at all.
Try it, cant hurt.
Honestly, I find that I can just lay down and go to sleep if I make myself. If I absolutly cannot sleep, I get up out of bed and do something boring like laundry, or watch something dull on TV.

1 Like

I’ve been using it for a bit now. I fall asleep fast but I can wake up easily still, and sometimes groggy. Start with a low dose if you decide to try it.

1 Like

No problem. I’d say it’s definitely worth a go.

1 Like

My doctor told me that Melatonin is safe and non-addictive and I’ve never had any issues with it. I think it’s fine!

4 Likes

It works alright. I would start out on a small dose.

2 Likes

Yeah I take it every night and works well.

3 Likes

It’s naturally produced in the body and non addictive which is reassuring. Make sure you have lights out, no screens after taking it. Heck of a lot better than prescription sleeping pills!

2 Likes

I found that it helped me fall asleep quicker, but not stay asleep. If that’s what you’re looking for, worth a shot.

2 Likes

Honestly it’s worth a shot
I have heard mixed reviews kinda like above
I have heard of people using it working wonders
Others nothing

Me I tried it it helped me sleep but I woke up in super anxiety,

2 Likes

Melatonin works great for me. My husband sleeps good but he has unsettling dreams or nightmares with it.
Edit: It’s important to take the fast dissolve tabs or take the pills/capsules with a bit of food to help your body utilize it. I think a lot of people who it doesn’t work for it’s because they take it in a form that doesn’t dissolve easily or without food and their digestive system doesn’t take it in quickly enough to help them sleep.

1 Like