Meme Wars 7...8...9...Go!

19 Likes

And I still remember the reels to watch movies

26 Likes

OMG! I haven’t seen grumpy cat in a long time. :pouting_cat:

2 Likes

I don’t get it, I’m not a gun user even though we own 7 of them.

1 Like

I’m guessing because the shoulder position; it’s too high, and not holding it properly so recoil would cause the scope to kick back in her eye vs. if held properly the shoulder would cushion the recoil.

6 Likes

14 Likes

And a fork

17 Likes

9 Likes

29 Likes

16 Likes

8 Likes

What @Salty said… it’s called scope bite…the recoil drives the scope back into ur eye because your shoulder isnt absorbing it.

https://youtu.be/UPL3rHi5Fmc

5 Likes

Phew I was right :sweat_smile: lol. I can shoot a bit (hubby’s a tad obsessed), just wasn’t sure about the terminology or how to explain it. Thanks for clarifying :blush:

2 Likes

That one reminded me of a story…

I’m not a guns guy but don’t mind shooting. First time was a friend’s bachelor party. Best man was an avid gun collector and took us and his set out to a range. He had just about everything, even some old pieces from WWII.

One was a .500 cal revolver. Watched this guy in our group fire it off. Huge guy, real strong. One shot and he’s shaking his wrist and setting it back down. Go about my business…

Other buddy comes along. Picks it up. Isn’t bracing the right hand with his left. Me, “Um, hey, um–” BANG!

Shot goes off and the thing recoils right back up and clocks him in the forehead. Only his pride was injured, fortunately. :rofl:

3 Likes

19 Likes

He was a white dude so prob not lol

13 Likes

received_988220434853899

15 Likes

12 Likes

I still remember film strips. The special ones had a vinyl record with the narration that went “ding” when it was time to advance to the next frame. The not special ones had narration printed on the slide, which a student read. When finished reading, we all yelled “ding!”.

3 Likes

I once said this with a deadly serious look on my face, to a new white belt who innocently remarked at how well I keep up, at my age.

“Lemme tell you something. Colin Powell claimed I existed. UN inspectors searched high and low for me, but claim they couldn’t find me. I’m banned by numerous international treaties.
I AM a Weapon of Mass Destruction”.

He looked at me like I was nuts, and then I started laughing at him.

10 Likes