Mental health memes and discussion (Part 2)

9 Likes

aGzPj1w_460swp

7 Likes

aYrz4zv_460swp

12 Likes

12 Likes

11 Likes

10 Likes

8 Likes

11 Likes

Itā€™s not a meme format because I canā€™t actually create a meme Iā€™m not that smart yet.

Life doesnā€™t get better. YOU get better.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Found a couple on Google:

P.S. I donā€™t know how to create memes, either!

10 Likes

That word, ā€œshould,ā€ usually not helpful and often damaging. I think reframing this to something like, ā€œI can see where I came from, this is where I am now, and hereā€™s what I would like to work on next.ā€ And we might not be ready to work on that next thing yet and thatā€™s okay. All goes back to how we talk to ourselves matters so much.

9 Likes

I was talking to someone about this the other day. How sometimes I just sit there and think huh, I actually havenā€™t thought about wanting to kill myself for a while. Like how at one point that was just this dominant thing. Not the only thought or anything but it was always lurking there. And then at some point that just stopped happening and I almost didnā€™t realise it.

Got it coming back a bit at the moment but I can see that there is a situation I need to move through. Like the idea of the rock of misery. Iā€™ve got an analogy going with my mind as the sea and when itā€™s all stormy the rock is a place to cling on to while I work out how to quiet the storm. Better to cling on than throw ourselves off.

Sometimes the idea of this being something that will keep coming back is exhausting. But this time so far at least it feels like less hard work to keep hold of the rock. So thatā€™s something.

6 Likes

I keep getting these messages out in the world and it is hitting home for me.

11 Likes

Same here @siand same here! I feel you on that and I am still going through this daily. Sometimes full days go by when Iā€™m consciously choosing to not take myself out and on the days Iā€™m doing ok those thoughts are still there right below the surface. Iā€™m sorry youā€™re going through a hard time right now but youā€™re right, the storm will pass eventually. Proud of you :sunglasses::metal:t2:

6 Likes

Thank you so much :sparkling_heart:

At one point I couldnā€™t imagine a future where I didnā€™t feel like that. But I kept reminding myself there was no way I could know it would be like that forever. Just maybe things might be different. And right now they are.

Hang in there. I know you know how to get through it. Weā€™re here to help hold you up when it gets too exhausting :hugs::sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

This is EXACTLY what I tell myself or actually what goes on inside me when Iā€™m going through it. Thank you so much for the support itā€™s so awesome to be able to reach out here when Iā€™m down. You and everyone else have always been so kind and helpful and I appreciate it so much! Have a great day and thank you again!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

5 Likes

9 Likes

I try to remind myself there is no actual finish line of, ā€˜okay, all this mess in my head is healedā€™ā€¦life, all of it, is a work in progress.

14 Likes

12 Likes