Mental health memes and discussion (Part 3)

11 Likes

6 Likes

8 Likes

7 Likes

6 Likes

My husband and I have been doing this since 2015! We just read our 2023s (it takes us a few days, we like to savor). Even tho it was a very challenging year, there was still so much to be thankful and grateful for. Our Happy Things jar on the counter reminds us of that. It is really a wonderful practice. We don’t do each week, more when the mood strikes. It can be big or small, a butterfly or a new job, etc. Mostly small moments for us. I highly recommend this practice. It brings us such joy each January.

As always, our Happy Thoughts jar honors our since passed dear friend, Angela, who first brought the tradition to our home. :heart::people_hugging::heart:

3 Likes

This is the cornerstone of my healing journey. Thank you.

1 Like

5 Likes

I started one of these this year. I hope I keep up with it.

2 Likes

Is it typical for feelings of hopelessness to pop up after feeling overwhelmed? I’ve been keeping up with my habits and made clocks for them and I noticed most times I have a argument and voices are raised and my heart rate goes up that I spiral into emotion rage then sadness then hopelessness then suicidal thoughts. I don’t ever go through with anything or even make a plan but just feel hopeless and better off not living through the struggle and stress but I seem to only feel that way after I get overwhelmed or angry. What can I do to change this and is this typical after being stressed?

5 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

The feelings are what they are and I’m sorry that you’re having them. I’m glad that you are talking about them and are able to see that a lot of times they are a result of what is going on in your life.
If you have a family doctor, it would be good to talk to that person about it.
There are mental health phone numbers in many countries.
I’ve had the same feelings before, more after feeling overwhelmed and frustrated than anger.
You are not alone.
Perhaps some of these memes and discussions may have helped you.
The search bar also will come up with other “threads” about mental health, feeling overwhelmed, suicidal thoughts.
I’m editing to add: I’m not a mental health professional just someone like you. You asked ‘ what can you do’.
Replacing some of those thoughts with healthier behaviors could be helpful. And since you’re very aware of when they may occur, being on the lookout for them with some type of plan in place when needed. You could write a list of other things you could do to keep from spiraling into the deeper depths. It could be talking to someone, posting about it, breathing or meditation, exercise, music or ….
There’s help out there for you.

4 Likes

4 Likes

This is why I prefer to call my sober journey one of Discovery instead of Recovery

9 Likes

9 Likes

3 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes