Messed everything up again

Cheers and to yourself hope to see you around here good luck

2 Likes

Understand that it all begins with one drink…the drink that matters…the first drink. If you say “no” to this drink, you win because there can’t be a second or third or eighth drink.

Rather than focusing on the seemingly overwhelming challenge of not getting drunk, perhaps focus on saying “no” to one drink…the drink that matters…the first drink.

9 Likes

Hey buddy? I totally get where you are coming from. I have fallen off track many times. Unfortunately I have learned hard lessons from each time but a lesson none the less. I do recommend an IOP group or some other form. For me I was against AA type groups. Recently I started and trying all different ones out. I find the discussion group ones give a lot of perspective and help me be positive to stay on track. It’s hard to stay accountable to yourself sometimes. Having a group to lean on for now may help. There are others like SMART and AL Anon which are not 12 step but a more scientific way. You could even do both. I wish you the best. I’m on day 8 sober again. This time I’m going to groups every other day. It has helped with the urge dramatically and helped me find other things to do to keep focused. Stay well and strong.

3 Likes

What’s IOP mate and the other science one you talk of ? Cheers

1 Like

Stay home watch on tv .soft drink packet crisps lovely jubbly ,

4 Likes

Lovely jubbly :grin::grin::grin::grin:… Saying no to the first one gives you strength … You can do it :fist_right::fist_left::pray:

2 Likes

Intensive Outpatient Program.

1 Like

Is this a thing in the uk ? Sorry for all the questions lol

I have no knowledge of outpatient programs in the UK as I’m Dutch myself but for sure there are these sort of programs in the UK too. I just googled it and a lot comes up. Do some research Josh, invest in your recovery! Like find out what these organizations are, what that offer these programs, i.e. are they based on religion, are they there for profit, are they covered by insurance? What suits you? It’s your journey friend. And recovery is a verb. Success again. outpatient alcohol treatment UK - Google Search

3 Likes

US here, not UK.

I felt anxious when the euro started as when events happen I usually end up in the pub and drunk . I’ve changed everything to stop the temptation, I stayed in and watched the matches at home, granted I felt like I was missing out but I know my sobriety comes first and I actually felt good about it in the end . Seeing the bad head parents at the school made me glad I chose to stay sober .

4 Likes

IOP is intensive outpatient which usually goes 3 days a week. You also have S.M.A.R.T. which end goal is the same as AA but a little different.

1 Like

I understand where you are coming from. I’m tired of relapsing, my life has become so unmanageable. I am serious about getting sober and I have decided to take a leave of absence from my job to focus on me. We can do this and recover , it’s possible we just have to finally surrender

3 Likes

Hi @Josiewosie ! Good for you for taking a LOA. Take care of you! I did an IOP while on LOA and multiple meetings a day. I’m now at 3.5 months sober. Proud of you for putting your sobriety first.

Yeah that’s pretty much where I’m at proper had enough of it all … signed up to this orginsation health in mind just waiting for them to respond then see where that takes me … drinking or what ever really ain’t worth it if you can’t do it … it’s just the amount of time it take you to finally release and as you said surrender to it x

2 Likes

Hello people hope your all doing well and staying strong :+1::muscle::muscle: it’s the only way and if you are struggling let out have a chatt about it

1 Like

Hey dude, glad you’re here today, I’ve been pretty bored,was feeling a bit empty, I jumped onto a meeting, I’ve jumped onto another one after that, I ain’t gonna sit and listen to my bored head for that long again :grimacing:. Feeling a bit better and it’s good listening to recovery than bored head.:pray::fist_right::fist_left:

Hey man, the big one for me is you need to want to stop. In your head it might seem like a great idea to stop becausw your riddled with guilt and anxiety but next weekend you’ll tell yourself nah its fine i dont have a problem. Ask yourself the big question do i really want to stop? Do i want to be this person any longer? Everyone can change but they need to want to change. Keep your head up mate things will get better if you want them too.

2 Likes

Hello mate yes absolutely want to stop bro the time is now that’s for sure not putting myself or my family back through that crap ever again ! Should of happened along time ago but yeah like you said y have to want to stop :raised_hand:

2 Likes

I hope the best for you as well. We are all here to help and support. I pray that you stay focused and not get overwhelmed. Try to practice taking a pause to evaluate and inventory yourself if you do start feeling it. You can make it

3 Likes