Metal Thread

Figured I would try to give this thread a bump.

As I Lay Dying has been one of the few bands that has gotten me through the really rough times over the years. I was so upset when they broke up after their lead singer was put in prison. But when they got back together I felt this song especially spoke to me.

“I thought I was an architect, but I was just moving dirt” is pretty appropriate for me.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Now Playing thread. I’ve decided to make this for all the Metalheads, Rockers, and Music Heads alike to share what they are listening to in present time. Personally I like to track what artists I listen to during the week and month with an app called Lastfm that tells me my top artists for the past week, month, last 3 months, last 6 months and overall Top artists and albums and tracks and listening reports.

At the moment listening to some delightful Heavy Psych while doing an assignment for my therapy group. Music motivates me to get up in the morning and also helps relieve stress.

3 Likes

I ALWAYS let this play all the way through :metal:t2:

Oof well this is for more than just Metal. But damn I didn’t know that :confused:

In Order

1. World Coming Down - Though it’s very depressing, it’s arguably their heaviest and darkest album with a lack of Pete’s usual carefree sense of humor. It has very relatable and tragic themes

2. Slow Deep and Hard

This fucking album is one of the angriest I’ve ever heard and it is a masterpiece from beginning to end. It starts with Carnivore type sound and transitions back and forth into Doomy Gothic Metal while going back to Crossover Thrash at the same time. Throughout the whole album the genre mixture is perfect and you can even hear some slight Beatles Influence knowing that Pete loved The Beatles. Especially Paul Mccartney.

1. October Rust

I have a tradition of listening to this every Halloween Night and I haven’t broken it for 4 years now. This whole album is a Gothic symphony for the damned and every track is great. My favorite tracks being Burnt Flowers Fallen and Love You To Death.

1. Bloody Kisses

This fucking album is literally one of the greatest things I’ve ever heard remastered. Pete’s sarcastic lesbian fetishism and dark humor makes this album what it is and I love it almost as much as October Rust. But October Rust has that vibe to it. Plus it has a Neil Young cover

1. Life is Killing Me
    I love this album, but it’s the one I never listened to too much. All the tracks are really good and it’s very consistent and Pete’s vocals are beautiful as always. But it was never the one that stood out tbh.

2. Dead Again
    Again I love this album too. But it’s another one I didn’t play very much when first discovering them but have grown to appreciate it. Tripping a Blind Man is one of my favorite songs ever.

3. Finally, Origin of The Feces with Pete’s asshole on the original cover. It’s a funny and creative album. But not their best. It’s rehashed tracks edited with a fake live audience and it’s just not their greatest. I like it, but it’s my least favorite

Sorry that took so long :rofl:

1 Like

There are soooo many music playlist threads, is all. :joy: Check out the #music tag! Lots of genres and some like Sober Playlist are anything goes.

2 Likes

Okay thank you for the information lol

1 Like

Now playing :black_heart:

Ok I didn’t expect that much of an explanation, but I dig it.

Life is Killing me is my favorite song overall just because of the intro

“What’s the link between these crafts? Doctors and Theives they both wear masks, overpaid big magicians”

1 Like

Oh loll I can’t just pick one album that’s why :rofl: ya kinda triggered something

And YESS

1 Like

Some days this rings true…
1 Like

Depends on what era. I mostly like 80s Thrash but there’s quite a few modern Thrash acts I really enjoy like Havok, Bio Cancer and Vindicator. If I listen to Thrash it’s hard for me to listen to Pure Thrash because a lot of times it all sounds the same to me unless the riffs and vocalist are completely unique somehow. I also love bands like Buzz*oven that fuse Thrash with Sludge and bands like Sarcófago or Abigail that mix Black with Thrash. I enjoy Black/Thrash/Blackened Thrash like Abigail, Sabbat, Destroyer 666, Bathory and Aura Noir and Death/Thrash like Cancer and Ripping Corpse.

My favorite traditional 80s Thrash bands are Whiplash, Razor, Testament, Wargasm, Exumer, Onslaught, Dark Angel, Destruction, Tankard, Sadus, Vio-Lence, Sodom, Nuclear Assault, Sacred Reich and Artillery. I also like old Kreator and Tormentor era Kreator. I then like a wide variety of obscure European Thrash from a bunch of different countries because European Thrash sounds a lot different than US Thrash, especially Finnish Thrash.

1 Like

Also I heard about Riley :pensive: he literally died the day after my Birthday and I’m a Power Trip fan. My birthday is August 23rd

2 Likes

Helloween - keeper of the seven keys part 1 and 2,
Any early Accept,
Any Manowar,
Pre 7th son Maiden,
Overkill - elimination,
Oh and so many more…

2 Likes

Helloween ain’t really Thrash though, isn’t it more like Power/Speed. Nevertheless great fuckin band

1 Like
5 Likes
3 Likes

This ENTIRE album

2 Likes

My roots…

8 Likes

8 Likes