Sober playlist

I listen to music ALL THE TIME. I was thinking about compiling and then sharing a Spotify playlist with inspirational songs that make us feel strong about our sobriety. I would love for it to be a group effort.

Please respond with a song that gives you strength in your sobriety and, if you feel like, a little about why.

Last night I watched Bohemian Rhapsody so I’ve got Queen on my mind. There was a poignant moment in the film when they played “We are the champions”. I was listening to it on the way to and from a meeting this morning and thought “fuck yeah! Great inspirational song for sobriety”. So that’s my pick for the day. What’s yours?
:two_hearts:

15 Likes

Not Afraid - Eminem

6 Likes

Give me your eyes. Brandon Heath. Great Christian Song that went main stream

Sober-Kelly Clarkson

2 Likes

OMG, these are fantastic! I’m very excited about how this is going to turn out!

Straight edge - minor threat

Wasted - black flag

5 Likes

Dang! I haven’t thought about minor threat or black flag in forever! When I was a teenager, a bunch of my punk friends were straight edge. I, of course, was wasted. I will give you both of those because they are a min each.

1 Like

This is getting awesome. Link to playlist here (I hope this works): https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2oiHyCfoHZtTTM0jt8f9V7

I will keep adding to it as there are more posts…

1 Like

Love the thread. Lots of music helps me. I recently discovered this band called RED. Their songs “Who we are” and some other ones really help.

There are two “Love and Honor” and “On my own” that talk about surrender and letting go as well. Very different from the mainstream but I enjoyed those

Unfortunately the southern California punk scene of the 80s I grew up in wasn’t too straight edge. Was rampant with opiates/herion/speed and booze. I made very bad choices leading to my life long addiction

1 Like

For me lately is been Jason Isbell. I love his story from being drugged out with Drive By Trucks to meeting his wife and getting cleaned. A lot of his lyrics deal with that. Especially the song Live Oak

3 Likes

I just followed the playlist, thanks so much for making it! It’s such a great idea :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow. That is such à great idea. I am working right now on an inspiring spotify playlist to keep up. ( i m French, when i say keep up, i mean stay focused and strong). Will share it with you very soon because i love music.

1 Like

I can relate

Just one song to start… Bonobo " Flutter". Breathing deeply in and out. Trying to put a little smile on my face. Trying to focus on my breathing…

3 Likes

Crazy times sister

1 Like
2 Likes

This is great everyone, some of my favourites and some new things. I will continue to add as they are posted.
In case you missed it, the link is here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2oiHyCfoHZtTTM0jt8f9V7

3 Likes

If anyone hasnt heard Slash’s new album with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators (Living The Dream), you must! It’s pure awesome old fashioned rock and roll sexy music! Guaranteed to put you in a good mood from the start!

1 Like

.Music To Help You Heal you might find some inspiration here