Metal Thread

A local band with a lot of hype I been talking and working with, Dude just had a baby, so it’s a bit of a slow progress as he enters fatherhood

Don’t let the title be your judgement, it’s actually written regarding the holy wars of the yesteryears, how religions fight religions and were killing themselves Fighting for their church

3 Likes

Looks like Julie Christmas is back :black_heart:
Let’s celebrate with some Battle of Mice

1 Like
4 Likes

Only heard of this band recently

2 Likes

Never thought I’d say something like this, but I REALLY wish I caught this Static-X/Dope/Fear Factory tour. They were just up in PHX in the last week or so.

I was a teen in the age of nu-metal and don’t listen to it much at all now, other than my workout playlist being loaded with it. Tons of Static-X, actually.

Anyhow. Even in Wayne’s absence (RIP), they’re fucking killing it. The new frontman (“Xer0”, who most believe is actually Edsel Dope, lead singer for Dope) sounds frighteningly like Wayne, especially the screams.
If it is Edsel Dope, that dude is gnarly. Means he’s doing 2 high-energy full sets a night at the age of 48.

2 Likes

Staying in the nu metal vein…

Knew Max Cavalera from Sepultura and Soulfly, only recently discovered his very short-lived project, Nailbomb. Only 1 album, and only played 1 show.

Love the main riff, despite its simplicity.

4 Likes

Haiduk - Sea of Fire

3 Likes

A Silver Talon concert saved my ass from replasing into weed last night. And reminded me why i quit drinking years ago. So greatful for live music.
Wanted to sit at home and get high, but decided to feel that sound and get in the mosh pit instead.
The bar the show was at gives free soda refills. Not a big soda fan, but its better than getting drunk. I watched someone who was overserved unable to stand anymore and desperitely waiting to puke in the bathroom. That kind of drinking is what made me stop. Good reminder.

3 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes

Nailbomb is the shit. You dont meet a ton of people rocking their music.

4 Likes

The new BabyMetal is pretty cool, not as good as their first one, but definitely better than the last one.
They even got a song named after one of my daughters :grin:

(Haters gonna hate)

2 Likes

Hatebreed: A.D.

Fight fire with fire, you’ll see everyone’s burning

3 Likes
3 Likes

One of my all time favorite album. A concept album about time. Timeless!

Buried Inside: Time as surrogate religion

We are domesticated creatures of technical abstraction

1 Like
2 Likes

After 1mn20, it’s so good

1 Like
2 Likes

Paradise lost, a blast from the past, As I Die

3 Likes

Where is some melodic hardcore? I know its punk but kind of fits in…