Mikes Recovery

Hi. My name is Mike and I live in Wyoming. I’m 41 years old and have struggled with addiction most of my life. My drugs of choice have been alcohol first which has usually steered me toward my meth addiction. I have been clean for 65 days today and life is generally looking brighter by the the minute! Thanks for reading this if you did!

21 Likes

Thank you! I feel like I’ll get it done this time!

1 Like

Thank you Laura!

1 Like

Hey Mike, welcome! 65 days is amazing! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome Mike! Congratulations on 65 days. :tada: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Thank you for that. Feels good to be here and feeling like myself again.

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome and taking the time to do so! Hope you habve a great day!

1 Like

Hello Mike and welcome.
I totally understand when you say that alcohol steered you to Your meth addiction.

That’s how it always was with me too. In my 25 years of drinking and drugging career I would have long periods of clean time from the drugs. Years even. But I always drank. In my mind it was always okay that I still drank because at least I was clean off the drugs, right?

But because I never dealt with my alcoholism it was always gonna be just a matter of time until I used again. It was inevitable. I’m an alcoholic/addict. It’s just what people like me do. It wasn’t until I reached out for some real help that I was able to break that cycle

So I get it man. I really do. And I am very glad you are here. 65 days is a true miracle for people like us.
So please stick around. And as always, keep coming back!!

1 Like

Thanks Gabe. It is the same for me. I had 10.5 yrs off the drugs but I kept drinking throughout that time and I relapsed 3 yrs ago and life has been a train wreck since. But I’m back on the path now and kicking both of them out of my life. Congrats on your sobriety and I will stick around. I’m done throwing in the towel on my life. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum, Mike. Well done on your 65 days.

1 Like

Welcome Mike!! How lucky you are to live in such a beautiful state!! And congrats on your 65 days…that is pretty fabulous!!

1 Like

Welcome and congrats on the 65! Those are some beautiful numbers right there! Hold that treasure close and keep fighting! You are doing a phenomenal job, and I’m glad to have ya here! Look forward to talking to ya…welcome to the community!!!

1 Like

Thanks! I’m glad to be here!

Thank you! Wyoming is pretty great! I can’t imagine anywhere else I’d really rather live. Thank you for taking the time to welcome me. I hope you have a great day!

1 Like

Thank you! I feel pretty good these days. I hope you have a great day!

Thank you for the inspiring words! I am glad to be here! Life gets better allbthe time!!

1 Like

It sure does!!! :smiley::raised_hands:t2::dizzy::ocean:

1 Like

Welcome Mike. Congrats on 65 days clean! You’ve come to a good place. There are a lot of helpful, kind and caring people here.

1 Like

Heck yes on your 65 days, Mike! Welcome to the forum. Lots of good peeps here.

1 Like

@Skeeter79 65 days is what I’m striving for…great job on the hussle!!

1 Like