Missing avatars

Am I the only one who sees lots of profiles missing avatars (profile pictures) around the forum? Presumably instead of the default letter that gets assigned?

It doesn’t really break anything that I can tell but is distracting.

9 Likes

I am seeing it too.

1 Like

Kk. @Robin I think can’t get on much right now but, like… wut?

At first glance I don’t see a common thread to the ones that are missing, other than they presumably didn’t upload their own.

Maybe clean ur phone storage and delete your cached data… It frees up phone space(perk) but it seems to delete and reload avatars everytime i do it… Maybe worth a try? Im on android… May help to know what OS your on…

1 Like

I see it on a couple of users. I think it’s related to their profile, and has nothing to do with your browser.

1 Like

Never watched the first one. Probably wont see the second. Not missing them.

5 Likes

Yep, think the ones that are missing a newish peeps.

2 Likes

It looks that way, but then I found one that went back to early 2018. :man_shrugging:

Was having the issue then killed the app on iPhone and re-launched. Seemingly all good now. Fingers crossed because it was rather annoying!

Hi Tom! Late night?

1 Like

Always Geo! Good morning to ya sir!

So you think the old switch it off and back on again will work?

3 Likes

Ha, hopefully?! Lol
Steps 1 and 2 to troubleshooting are always 1) make sure it’s plugged in, 2) restart it.
Step 3) start smashing it on the ground

6 Likes

Yeah, if in doubt give it a clout!!!:grinning:

1 Like

@Eke I’ve noticed this too quite a bit and the app seems more glitchy. I keep getting Pop ups That say “502 Bad Gateway”… :thinking:

2 Likes

ITCrow

2 Likes

Hahaha. Great British comedy. IT crowd!

1 Like

One of my favorites. My daughter and I love British humor. She’s a huge Monty Python fan.

1 Like

Love Month Python. My wife doesn’t though. I’ve gotta watch it when she’s somewhere else!

1 Like

I don’t understand…there are people in this world that don’t like Monty Python?? We planned our UK trip to make sure we visited a Monty Python castle and quoted The Holy Grail as we walked through the rooms!!! “Lad. One day all this will be yours.” “What, the curtains?” :rofl:

2 Likes