Moderation spots are now open!

Hello Talking Sober,

@CaptAZ and @CNevarezN have stepped down as moderators as they are a bit busy with their real lives at the moment.

So, after discussion with the moderator team, we’re opening up those two slots for new moderators to join the team.

What moderators do:

• They evaluate flagged posts. They agree or disagree that a post is inappropriate when flagged.
  • They respond to direct messages from members who need assistance
  • They tidy up and organize the forum when they see it is needed
  • They provide advice and guidance to new members

Feel free to ask if you have any questions about moderation here on Talking Sober.

As in the past, we are doing this on a volunteer basis. Members need to volunteer themselves, and while it’s nice to see that other members recommend or encourage each other to be mods, those won’t be considered unless the person does it themself.

If you feel that this is something that would be good for you and your recovery and that you can make a meaningful difference here, leave a post below or message any of the @moderators and you’ll be considered for the position. I’ll leave the applications open for a week.

21 Likes

@Ravikamor @Mephistopheles

My votes

18 Likes

How about @Dazercat and @Thirdmonkey

22 Likes

How about Conor ? :pray:t2::heart:

9 Likes

Anyone in the Australia or Europe (ish) time zone areas? Ideas?

9 Likes

@Misokatsu

10 Likes

I second this

1 Like

@liv_m would you consider this?

4 Likes

@Dazercat and @Its_me_Stella … both amazing and super helpful! Edited to toss @Matt in the mix too :wink:

15 Likes

Toss you in the mix Dan
@Dan531
:rofl:

4 Likes

Thank you Dan that is something I may consider later :innocent: but I haven’t yet reached 1 year continuous sobriety. Robin said it was a requirement in the last call:

I know we have a rich field of possible people here so I’m sure we’ll find someone good :+1:

9 Likes

Maybe someday, I still have some growing up to do in my sobriety and to be quite honest I fall quite short of the others named here. This forum and the members here would be lucky to have any of you.

7 Likes

I second @Thirdmonkey @Dazercat @liv_m @Ravikamor . Your candor, compassion and support are fantastic. TS would be lucky to have any of you!

9 Likes

Wow, thanks for that, not sure I give good enough advice, or am about enough, or have the necessary computer skills, but am definitely flattered you thought of me.

8 Likes

Third’d

I’ll add @VSue to the mix.

8 Likes

Yes @Its_me_Stella would be a great choice :+1:

11 Likes

Thank you Eric but I’m not sure if being a mod is for me

5 Likes

Who are the current moderation team now?

Surely all the moderators have to actually be active on the forum?

Nothing against @NewPerspective and @ifs btw but surely their positions have to be passed on and reinstated too

1 Like

Current active moderators are me, @Eke @Lisa07 @Mno and @SassyRocks :blush:

7 Likes