Moderation spots are now open!

@Misokatsu

10 Likes

I second this

1 Like

@liv_m would you consider this?

4 Likes

@Dazercat and @Its_me_Stella … both amazing and super helpful! Edited to toss @Matt in the mix too :wink:

15 Likes

Toss you in the mix Dan
@Dan531
:rofl:

4 Likes

Thank you Dan that is something I may consider later :innocent: but I haven’t yet reached 1 year continuous sobriety. Robin said it was a requirement in the last call:

I know we have a rich field of possible people here so I’m sure we’ll find someone good :+1:

9 Likes

Maybe someday, I still have some growing up to do in my sobriety and to be quite honest I fall quite short of the others named here. This forum and the members here would be lucky to have any of you.

7 Likes

I second @Thirdmonkey @Dazercat @liv_m @Ravikamor . Your candor, compassion and support are fantastic. TS would be lucky to have any of you!

9 Likes

Wow, thanks for that, not sure I give good enough advice, or am about enough, or have the necessary computer skills, but am definitely flattered you thought of me.

8 Likes

Third’d

I’ll add @VSue to the mix.

8 Likes

Yes @Its_me_Stella would be a great choice :+1:

11 Likes

Thank you Eric but I’m not sure if being a mod is for me

5 Likes

Who are the current moderation team now?

Surely all the moderators have to actually be active on the forum?

Nothing against @NewPerspective and @ifs btw but surely their positions have to be passed on and reinstated too

1 Like

Current active moderators are me, @Eke @Lisa07 @Mno and @SassyRocks :blush:

7 Likes

You do, when you give advice (which isn’t always what you do, but when you do, it is useful). Also:

• You are welcoming. You welcome newcomers to the forum, and you are also welcoming of constructive input from others.
  • You are humble / open-minded and you are also not a pushover. You have an open mind and you are open to suggestions and new perspectives (about your ideas and questions and about the ideas of others too), and I have also seen you take a clear stand when someone is being a jerk (to you or to others). You have both the openness and the guts.
  • You contribute meaningfully to the forum, both in terms of your thoughtful responses to others, and in terms of your creation of meaningful threads (meaningful not only in terms of your own ideas and questions, but also in terms of the ideas and interaction they spurred in other participants). Look at the threads in Top Topics in your profile. They are a mix of thoughtful, fun, and inquisitive. They are all these things. And they stimulated thoughtful replies from others.

These are just some of the reasons. I could go on.

Being a moderator isn’t about knowing all the answers / being a fount of advice. It’s about being present in a constructive way. It’s about listening. It’s about being open-minded but also principled and knowing when you need to take a stand (which you do). It’s about fostering a space where others can read and speak things that are constructive for their recovery.

You do all those things and more. Are you perfect? Hell no. None of us are. But you’d be a great moderator.

Since (and including) Monday January 31, you have posted 56 times. And you haven’t posted every day in that time. Daily participation isn’t a requirement for being active. (I would also say that posting 56 times in 7 days isn’t a requirement, but my point is, you are active.)

You have the skills to share photos of family eating grasshoppers in your top-6 thread, “Would you eat grasshoppers?” (an essential question in recovery if I ever saw one! :grin:). That’s the only one you need out of the gate. The rest you learn. (Seriously though, you can learn anything you may need pretty quick :slightly_smiling_face:)

10 Likes

What about you, @AyBee? :grinning:

10 Likes

So many great names thrown into mix thus far. Also @HoofHearted , how about you?

8 Likes

images

12 Likes

You would be great too

9 Likes

Think of it this way: volunteering for this is a chance to push yourself to explore a new strength; to take your skills as a leader (I am serious, you have qualities good leaders need - I listed them above) and stretch, grow into a new domain of action.

Do you know what the future holds? No. Are you someone who would serve very well in the role, flourish in fact? Yes. And you would flourish in a way that empowered community members to find their voice and their sober footing.

Obviously it’s up to you whether you volunteer, and it’s nothing good or bad, it’s not something that you “have” to do; you’re amazing either way. But if part of you is considering the idea, I would encourage you to listen to that voice, and explore that path, even if you’re not 100% sure where it leads (and of all the uncharted paths us recovering addicts have explored, this is one of the safer ones). I am sure it would be a significant growth experience and an interesting adventure :innocent:

7 Likes