Mom, tv show

Love this show :rofl::grin:

1 Like

Actually grabbed CBS All Access just to watch the new season of Mom (and Picard…).

It’s a pretty solid show about recovery for a sitcom. Really driving home that we’ve got more going on than meetings and what that might look like.

Recently read some review scoring shows about recovery with some addicts opinions of their accuracy, and Mom scored number one.

I love this show. It does make me wish I had the strong support system they have though :broken_heart: I have just myself on this journey.

2 Likes

This is one of my absolute favorite ahows. Their meetings and Marjorie’s “bumper sticker” sayings are right out of the program. My favorite episode is season 7 ep 4. Marjorie has a share about “yet” that sounds like shes quoting an AA open talk. Theb Christy gives this impassioned speech about how alcohol was like air and stale cookies and bad coffee saved her life. I felt her words so deep it brought me to tears. Mind you the entire episode is hilarious at the same time. I have recommended it to so many people in the program and quote it often. Its such an accurate dipiction of life in recovery in my opinion. I look forward to it each week. My most quoted line recently has been from Marjorie “when you reach a mountian you dont think you can climb, turn around, youll see the mountians you climbed to get where you are, are just as big as the one in front of you”

1 Like