Mom, tv show

Does anyone watch this show?

I remember seeing the first show when it first aired and I did think it was funny but didn’t watch.

Right now I’m finding all season are streaming online so I started it again. Am I the only one that finds it hilarious…or do other addicts find it offensive?

I’m laughing because everytime they say “Hi, I’m Christie, I’m an alcoholic” I instinctively say “Hi Christie” to the tv. My kids think I’m nuts. I also found that when Bonnie relapsed I was so emotionally sad for her. Everyone else was laughing because drunk Bonnie was comedic…but I was sad.

I’m finishing season 1 tonight then it’s off to season 2. I hope it stays good.

16 Likes

I like the show and watch it alot…it can be relatable and stereotypical. If the show is offensive to you then🤷:
a. You noticed you might have a problem
b. Your offended daily by alcohol advertisement…

2 Likes

I watch the show… I also know that for this show they did extensive research with alcoholism and AA to make it seem as real as possible. By research I mean attend meetings talk to alcoholics. That show has done more research than any other show or movie has ever done on the subject - (in the realm of a sitcom)

Its funny bc if you’ve every attended meetings sometimes when ppl share the craziest parts of their life or their day to day lives it is literally that funny… Bc of how the alcoholic thinks… I can relate on so many levels

But I can assure you attending meetings is way more beneficial than watching it on TV

6 Likes

Will have to check it out. Thanks!

1 Like

I really like this show!! Been looking for it online but haven’t found it yet! Where are you streaming from?

Yes!!! I LOVE the show Mom!!! I feel like I can relate to it and no I don’t find it offensive. One thing I dont like about it is when they give Christie a gambling problem and then she becomes a smoker. It’s almost like they needed more to the story line and I get it. I’m glad they show other addictions, just wish they wouldnt put it on the main characters rather than just using a new one. Idk, my opinion. I prob said too much if you are only on season 1! It won’t ruin anything for you I promise. It’s still worth watching every episode

1 Like

It on the On Demand with my cable plan. Maybe it’s an only in Canada thing…or CityTV thing…but I’m binging in case the older seasons go away suddenly.

1 Like

It’s on hulu. I absolutely love this show. It is funny at my AA meetings most nights. It reminds me of why I need to keep myself in check. I can find other ways for my addiction to show if I dont keep on top of it. I’m almost done season 4 and still crack up.

2 Likes

Agreed, it’s scary how sometimes they will act a little cheesy or say something cheesy, but in fact, that’s exactly how it sounds in the real world haha. Does that make sense? lol

2 Likes

Watching it as we speak on Hulu! I love this show…it makes me laugh but there are still some very heart warming episodes and some that really hit home! My best friend is also a alcoholic and she watches it too…in a weird way it gives me hope, life is hard…bad things happen but as long as we stay sober we can tackle it instead of drinking it away and making a bad situation worse

2 Likes

Do they have all the episodes on Hulu or just the more recent ones? I got the first season on DVD from my library system but that’s all they have and I really enjoy it! Thank you!

If you are on season 4 @Zoesgram1 then they must have the old ones! I am going to sign up today! I have my first colonoscopy tomorrow and I will be parked on the shitter tonight so will have to bring my tablet with, lol.

1 Like

1e9c68

4 Likes

Right?? It’s kinda gross but I’m going to do it anyway! :smile:

They have 5 seasons. Season 6 was on TV this year I believe. Good luck. I thought the prep was the only hard part.

1 Like

On Hulu they have all of season 1-5…I believe season 6 is on the air right now, I’m not sure though I don’t have cable

Watching it right now! Thanks guys!

LOVE the show!!!

I like the show too… just don’t get the chance to see it very often. The characters are very (at least for me) relatable. Bonnie cracks me up sometimes.

1 Like

I’ve been wanting to watch this heard it’s pretty funny :joy:

1 Like