Moral question...maybe

It might seem that i toot my own horn when i say that i am an inherantly gentle person but im not, Sometimes it is not necessarily a positive trait. Sometimes people tell me to grow something that boys have. I only mention it because it is another roadblock for me when it comes to why we are here. Since im never mean or rude or anything else of that nature, i have nothing to be afraid of socially no matter how alcoholled up i am…except talking about things that should b3 reserved for my grief councellor. So i mention it just to make myself more aware of this roadblock. That is all. Is it wrong?

3 Likes

That’s only for you to know or decide.

I had to check myself because I was “people pleasing” but I don’t know your story deep enough.

Indeed ‘gentle’ is not always positive. If it means not making or protecting your own boundaries, being overly reliant on the approval of others etc. And even if you aren’t aggressive or rude when drunk, over sharing can be embarrassing or distressing. If you are aware of this character issue, you can take steps to try to resolve it. And we all have issues with our character, and we all would do well to work on them. :purple_heart:

This is a huge point. Working on things that bug us - endlessly - and until a solution is found is important. It’d be a lot for those unfamiliar with your daily life to think about how all that plays out. I am not sure if your counselor has room to discuss these things, or if you do. I tend to be short on discussing things with big results. It’s something I am trying to change in myself.

Wishing you the best.