Motivation and meditation posts (Part 1)

I just downloaded this app and saved this quote. It spoke to me so much as I recognised most of the description. 1 day sober so thank you for your posts.

2 Likes

Good morning everyone. I hope everyone is doing well.

2 Likes

Apparently today is World Mental Health day. Be kind to yourself, try to find acceptance for what you feel and donā€™t hide in shame and self-judgement. :pray:

4 Likes

Good morning.

2 Likes

Good morning

7 Likes

I was speaking to someone about this recently, how time seems to speed up as we get older. Apparently it is something to do with the fact that as children our experiences are new and the way our brain processes them means it feels like it takes longer. So maybe approaching each day with a sense of curiosity, looking for what we can learn, is one of the parts of unlocking that myth.

3 Likes

Good morning.

3 Likes

Love the zen story and activity in particular. Fits in well with some thinking Iā€™ve been doing latelyā€¦ Itā€™s ok not to have a fixed plan, itā€™s more important to do the things you think are right.

Iā€™m on that same path. Live and let live.

1 Like

3 Likes

Itā€™s good to be positive, but it doesnā€™t mean we get everything we want. Sometimes things are good, sometimes they arenā€™t. Accepting this allows us to move through the bad times and appreciate the good times.

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

Our failures, disappointments and broken-ness are not things we should ignore or hide away from. They are all part of what makes us unique.

1 Like

Good morning.

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

We can observe our emotions without identifying them, e.g. instead of I feel anxious, there is anxiety. This can help create some space between challenging emotions, giving is the chance to step back and not get wrapped up in them in ways that donā€™t serve us.

3 Likes

Good morning

4 Likes