Motivation and meditation posts (Part 1)

3 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

Good morning.

1 Like

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

1 Like

3 Likes

Back to it. Today’s meditation really resonated with me. Meditation is not about the outcomes you can achieve. If you are busy focusing on that then you stop focusing on the technique, which is all about observing and accepting what is there. This is what can help us get through our day to day.

2 Likes

Re problems are a part of life, I recently came across the Buddhist parable of the mustard seed. Something like:

A woman’s son dies and she is distraught. She goes to the Buddha to see if he can help her bring her son back to ease her suffering. He says yes, all you need to do is bring me a mustard seed from a house where no one has died. She knocks on all the doors in the village and at each one she gets the same response, someone who lived there has died. She realises that she is not alone in her grief and this helps her come to terms with it.

3 Likes

1 Like

I saved that one. Thx. I learned to pretty much become needless and wantless. Working on letting people support and nurture me. Working on supporting and nurturing myself. :heart:

1 Like

6 Likes

I did too! I figured someone else would feel it, too. :blush::blush::hugs:

1 Like

3 Likes

5 Likes

I love my Calm app!

1 Like

8 Likes

Perfect! You post such great stuff!

2 Likes

I love this prayer of saint Francis of Assisi. Thanks for sharing it I really love it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I found this light in people of this blessed app