Motivation and meditation posts (Part 1)

2 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

4 Likes

Good morning.

4 Likes

Beautiful! I have recently gone through a reawakening and find this is incredibly relevant. Mindfulness and meditation were keys to my own recovery and ongoing therapy.

2 Likes

Life is amazing, awful, mundane and beautiful. I have experienced this rollercoaster over the last couple of days! And I am grateful for all of it :heart:

1 Like

Catching up again!

3 Likes

Good morning.

2 Likes

Understanding the difference between being alone and being lonely… If we are lonely we are craving a connection to someone. Being alone is something we get better at over time, when we give ourselves space to be alone we may become better at connecting with others in a way that’s healthy and positive.

5 Likes

Good morning everyone.

3 Likes

There’s a story about some researchers studying Gorilla’s in the wild but they can’t get close enough to them. Each time they approach the gorillas they lack supplies, including guns. One day a researcher goes on his own, without any guns, and the gorillas welcome him.

The point being that when we approach uncertain situations with defensiveness or hostility, we are likely to provoke a hostile response. Being open and compassionate is likely to encourage others to open up to you.

4 Likes

I love this! It is a lesson every human on this planet needs to learn!

1 Like

Well timed for me. I have a meeting on Monday which could be a bit fraught. Will do my best to think of the gorillas!

1 Like

We can protect ourselves from the hostility of others by creating space - physical or mental - from someone who is angry. We can help remove a sense of personal attachment to what is being said or done by recognising it as the product of anger, in the same way that we can do to stop getting swallowed up by our own emotions.

3 Likes

Good morning.

3 Likes

3 Likes

When feeling stuck, taking time to pause, reflect and be calm can help us discover a path to take us forward.

1 Like

“Be kind to yourself, enjoy the journey and remember that the way you walk the path is just as important as where it leads” Tamara Levitt

1 Like