Movies Check-in / Reviews đŸ“Œ

I lived in Pbody for a while😀i like the accent they have from up there in Bastn

1 Like

Ya I know where P-bah-dee is :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Spot on :laughing:

Sentence

How is Nomadland, Eric or someone else? Or cinemas opened a week ago and besides summer bs it’s the only movie that cought my interest.

1 Like

My wife and I thought it was just OK. It won the Oscar for best pic. Which I think was bullshit. But it certainly was worth a watch. I like Francis McDormand. But it just wasn’t all that exciting of a movie. Interesting premise of that lifestyle that I’ve never heard of before.

1 Like

I actually liked Nomadland a lot. For one it’s the America I love. The landscapes, deserts and nature I traveled around in. I love Francis McDormand. I love how she and the movie as a whole gives a voice to these folks. I love it shows normal people trying to make the best of what little they have.
I just feel this movie paints a picture of this lifestyle that’s too rosy. I don’t believe it’s all one big happy family like it’s portrayed. I know these sort of communities over here and there is togetherness and solidarity but also crime and violence and drugs and alcohol and appalling poverty. But overall I did really like it

2 Likes

I didn’t mind it. And I totally agree with ya. And I just love Francis. I just have a problem with it getting best picture. I think some, most all the other nominated best pictures were more worthy. Like Sound of Metal or Promising Young Women or The Chicago Seven or The Father.

Oh and I had no idea there was a lifestyle like that. That was new to me. Very interesting in that aspect.
I guess I don’t get out much like that.

1 Like

@anon74766472
Enjoy your movie.

Tonight we are going to watch.

The World According To Garp

1 Like

This was so much fun to watch. It’s been so long since I’ve seen it. It was great to be able to escape into a great movie.

I have nothing to add.
@Dazercat Eric, I had to think about it a bit. I like it. It is not a loud movie. Tbh, I am not a dessert fan so I was missing trees a bit. But this is about content and that gave me a bit to chew. Really a bit twisted in my emotions. There is a lot to be grateful for. What I also liked was that there was not some cliché built up like, oh yeah romatic love story, I was a bit waiting for that to sigh but it was not. :pray:

Edit: I was also waiting for violence, none. Probably my mind was expecting this due to some things going on in media and sometimes here.

2 Likes

Watching " the dead don’t die" Netflix

BRILLIANT cast line up!! A must watch :tada:

1 Like

I always die laughing when he ‘creates’ Wilson by cutting his hand and explodes. I can relate so much. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Extreme trigger warning this is a film about herion addiction and its one that really really was acted so well right on point, this movie won’t be for everyone, I watched it as I have watched many but this movie resonated with what it’s like when your out there in the madness.

1 Like

I haven’t watched this one in a million years.
I had no idea Robert Duvall was in this until I saw a beautiful interview with him and Stephen Colbert the other night.
It was a “Boo Radley moment.”

@M-be-free49
Give the dog girl a scratch for me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

When I follow this thread it is mostly like a look in the future and I need to scroll a year back to get what’s up here atm. :scream::see_no_evil:

1 Like

1 Like

This such a great movie, very thought provoking, but beautifully acted

4 Likes

Hm, might check it out some time
 Used to be quite into ‘the walking dead’ once but started losing interest when it gradually became a decidedly more human vs human thing starting season 3 haha

1 Like

Into the Wild :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Virgin river season 3 :tada: Netflix :tada: beautiful show :heart:

1 Like