My 1st AA meeting needing a bit of motivation plz

The first one seems a little nerve wracking but like everyone else has said, you don’t have to share. Everyone else in the group has gone through the same first time nerves and survived. They also have some kind of issue with alcohol and need help too. Someone in the meeting could possibly share their experiences that closely relate to yours and how they’ve dealt with them. No one is there to judge you, only help you get through this time in your life and so am I and everyone else in this forum! Just remember you’re never alone in this process, sending positive vibes your way🤙

2 Likes

I did it!!! Attended my first AA meeting almost didn’t make it map quest took me in circles lol but I made it walked in to my first meeting ever. Everyone was warm I just listened. Will attended thursday meeting tysm everyone for your thoughts, prayers and inspiration. Received my first coin I’m so happy I did this :woman_in_lotus_position::pray::yellow_heart::slightly_smiling_face::heartpulse:

7 Likes

Awesome, I’m so happy you went and it was a good experience! And good job facing your fear and conquering it!

1 Like

Ah, that’s great! I’m so glad it was a good experience for you - and that you are going to go again. Awesome!
And congrats on picking up the most important chip…that is the hardest one!

1 Like

Tyty Catt and Ifs I feel so proud of myself I finally took my 1st step :heartpulse::pray::woman_in_lotus_position:

3 Likes

I’m SUPER proud of you too!:wave::blush:

2 Likes

Tysm Donna looking forward to my 2nd meeting :yellow_heart::pray::woman_in_lotus_position:

1 Like

Listen. An as meeting is just a bunch of us getting together and talking like we do on here. It is just in the physical world. It is the tool of tools for getting sober. Aa is. Take a deep breath and just walk in and listen. You do not have to talk. Good luck

1 Like

Ty Hidden and Randell :woman_in_lotus_position::pray::yellow_heart::heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse: