My addiction. What's yours?

Congrats on your 10 months 16 days sober.

I’m back to day 1: I got to 59 days and relapsed. Very disappointed in myself. I’ve been using cocaine for 19 months and just need to stop.

That’s awesome. Pain killers are my DOC. I’m 25 days free from that hell

The people here have really helped me get perspective and not feel so alone despite having relapsed many times. I had thirty days and declared myself cured, lol. Amateur move!

3 Likes

My addictions are cocaine and alcohol. I drank daily for over 15 years and got into daily use of cocaine the last 3 years of my using period. My body and mind were so numb I eventually came crashing down hard and couldn’t even look myself in the mirror anymore. As I’m writing this today I’m 498 days sober from cocaine and 458 days days sober from alcohol. Its been a long road filled with ups and downs and hasnt been easy but so worth it! I come to this forum to remind myself of my journey and do my best to help encourage others when I can.

4 Likes

My addiction is opiate pain pills as well. I took them every day all day for about 3 years. I have been sober for 5 years and 2 months. Getting off of them was the hardest thing I have ever done- they numbed how lonely, anxious, and depressed I was. I went to inpatient treatment and attended an intensive outpatient program to get clean. I thought I would never enjoy life again. But 5 years and 2 months later and I am having fun. I love waking up without overwhelming shame. I see a therapist every week who is also in recovery. He has helped me find out who I am and finally begin to love myself.

2 Likes