My close friend asks me to join with him psych ward... What I should do?

Few days ago one my close friend decided to go to the psych ward due to his mental health + addictions he has.
And from that day he every evevning calls me and says he a lot misses me and he would be happy if I will join him to the psych ward. I’m for now replying that it’s complicated… Because actually it is for me.
I know he misses me and I understand he wants me to be with him, but… I don’t think I want to be in psych ward now.
I know sometimes I feel like I just want to give up, but these are my fights, in which I still stand up and fight. And I know if I really need any professional help, I will ask. Now I don’t need it so much, therapy sessions a lot already help me.
But as well I don’t want to stay him alone.
Does anyone have any idea what to do? Because genuinely I don’t know what to do.

4 Likes

First and foremost you have to protect your sobriety and sanity. Focus on yourself and what you need. His journey is not your journey, I recommend not mixing things up and drawing healthy boundaries.

5 Likes

Sounds good. Thank you a lot.

3 Likes

Its ok to visit him there if you are comfortable with that but no don’t check yourself in there just cause he asked you to. That is emotional blackmail and not in your own best interests of sobriety and mental health.

6 Likes

No, you don’t go to a psych ward unless YOU feel like YOU need professional help. That’s a little unreasonable of your friend.

6 Likes

Each one of us sees a different point of view when we go see the same movie.

Asking you to be IN THERE WITH HIM might be an unhealthy request
If you don’t want to be in the psych ward that’s good. Then, just visit him. It will still be good for you both

1 Like

Can you do day visits?

@J_Lo_Ste @SoberGuyUSA @FoxMcCloud

Thank you a lot for your replies. When he will call me today at evening I will try to explain him that I don’t need to be in psych ward right now, but I can visit him.

2 Likes

Yup, I can!

1 Like

UPDATE.

So, he called to me and we a bit shared how was our day. Then he again asked me to join him and I just simply as that explained that I just don’t want to be in psych ward and I know when to ask professional help for help, as well I added I can visit him next week, if it will somehow help him.
He agreed on it and said sorry. He explained he a lot misses me and he feels sometimes a lot lonely.
Now he gave me info about visits, so next week I will meet him. :blush:
At the end everything si okay and I’m glad for it.

Thank you everyone for help and advice. <3

3 Likes