My drinking story

So I thought I would talk about why I am on here I think it would do me good to get it all off my chest and see how many others have managed and coped with simular situations…So here it goes
I’ve always enjoyed a drink, social times,nights in with the girls or cheaky liquid lunch on occasions
At some point in my life after some very hard times I started to have more…to cope with life anxiety body image depression and physical abuse from an ex partner…I used alcohol as a coming mechanism.
I did it so long to cope it felt like the norm.
So when I met my current partner life started to get better I still drank but because he doesn’t drink and I had certain people out my life I cut down …I fell pregnant and it was so easy just to stop. I felt amazing. After my daughter was born I breast fed so I couldn’t drink and didn’t want to…but when the breast feeding came to an end my mind started to also, the stress of every day life memories started creeping back and before you know it the bottles started making their way back in to my life mummy treat for stressful day.
Time went by and the day time drinking started then anxiety kicked in…I started lieing that I wasn’t drinking when I was…hiding bottles of wine in pop so I could take them with me so I could feel call and stress free.
I started having CBT. Pdsd
I finally opens up to my partner and fa.ily about the problem…it hurt it was hard trust was broke now to be rebuilt.
A long journey to a better life a better me a happier me.

2 Likes

Sharing your problem with your partner can be hard as hell. When I did it, it was the one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. I think maybe because I knew once somebody else knew the truth, I couldn’t hide it anymore. It was the first step to getting better. It will get better, just keep working at being sober.

2 Likes