My first Sober Birthday

Ok.
This is kind of a biggie.
I have managed a Christmas, a New Year’s and now my Birthday.
3 biggies so close together…it hasn’t been easy! I am doing it throughout multiple pankck attacks.
Tonight husband has made plans with a other couple for dinner, virtual golfing then a bar. These friends know the old Charlie … not Sober Charlie.
I already feel the pressure to “perform”. ( I alwaya bring the fun)( until I get wasted!) And I won’t be performing tonight, those days are over.
So, my Sober fam, … I hope turning 58 will be memorable for the right reasons this time. :purple_heart:

40 Likes

Happy birthday @Chuckie22 congratulations on your growth

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Charlie, im sure sober Charlie is lots of fun and alot more interesting, i hope you have a wonderful time but remember that we are in your pocket should you need us :heart:

3 Likes

Be careful going to the bar - panic + the embarrassment of telling your friends you are sober could make for feeling overwhelmed. I usually drink cranberry and soda in these situations.

And maybe take a look at your first day pic as a reminder before you leave.

5 Likes

Girl you look fantastic for 58!!! Happy Birthday beatiful

I have seen you work so damn hard on your journey - have really appreciated seeing the days stack up!

You really have made it through the biggies and this will be no different. You are a fun loving person and no need to have alcohol to have a good time. Be yourself - maybe your friends will finally meet the amazing Charlie that was hiding behind the booze. I know they will fall in love with her like we all have.

Have plenty of options ready for your non alcoholic beverages - the bars are very helpful in creating mocktails in most areas.

Remember that we are right here – day or night so you are not alone and can check in with us at any time!
:people_hugging:

R

7 Likes

Happy birthday from bonnie Scotland This old guys birthday on the 23 rd Jan big 72

5 Likes

Ooooh, my very first Scottish wish :grin:
Thank-you so much.
And a very festive Happy Birthday back to ya on the 23rd :purple_heart:

3 Likes

You are toooo much ( in the best way!!) girlfriend :grin:
Thank-you for the wishes, the encouragement and the sober friendship … it means the world to me :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Charlie! :green_heart::blue_heart::orange_heart::heart:

2 Likes

Happy Birthday Charlie! Here’s some Dutch birthday wishes your way, coming from a fellow 58 year old. I’m telling you it’s a damned fine age to be sober! You’ll find out, starting today friend. You’ll perform like a star, like the new Charlie, the sober Charlie.

And let me tell you sober you is much funnier and nicer than drunk you. Promise! I know it’s true. I’ve done both by now. I like sober me so much better, under any circumstance. And so do the people that matter. You can do this!

And if by any chance it does get hard, please come here. We’ll help. Another promise. :people_hugging: :heart: :people_hugging: :birthday: :partying_face: :tada:

6 Likes

Happy birthday Charlie
IMG_0653
I remember my first sober birthday. I think most others that have been around as long as me do too. They all saved me from drinking.
I actually think it was a huge turning point in my journey thanks to everyone here.
We are in your pocket.
I got your back.
Have memorable night tonight and an extra prideful step in your strut tomorrow.
:pray:t2::heart::hugs:

6 Likes

Thank-you all for the wise words of encouragement and the birthday wishes.
I did pop on here a couple times last night to remind myself why I’m sober.
This community is ah-mazing!!!y
:purple_heart::grin::purple_heart:

6 Likes

What a great gift to yourself. Happy birthday :birthday: :partying_face:

4 Likes

Ah that’s lovely babe…
Another major biggie conquered :muscle::muscle:

3 Likes

Much love dear Charlie :heart:

3 Likes

Happy Birthday!
The day is your day, so you do you and celebrate and enjoy any way you see fit.
Congratulations!

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Charlie! :birthday: :partying_face:
Hope you have a fabulous day!

3 Likes

I always thought I was a lot of fun being around with when drunk untill I was sober and saw other drunks :smiling_face:

At first happy birthday Charlie! :confetti_ball::confetti_ball::confetti_ball:
How was that dinner with golf? I hope you had a great sober evening to look back at.

See you around, it helps to be here much! :raising_hand_woman:

4 Likes

Thank-you for the wishes.
Turns out I am still pretty fun when sober :grin:
It was a good night, I had a couple nervous, came on here quickly to read everyone’s encouragement and pushed the nasty thoughts away. :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I love your coping skills and your discovery about yourself!

1 Like