My first time doing something like this

Hi to each and everyone who is reading this.
Firstly well done to you all for making the first steps in bettering your life.
My name is Wendy and i am 36 years of age, my addition was heroin and crack cocaine, and my addition lasted for far to many of my years 7 all in all.
I tried and failed many times because to be honest my heart wasnt 100 percent in doing so.
This time around is different, and the reason it is different is i recently lost my grandad who stood by my side through the good,bad and the ugly.
Before he passed away he sat ajd held my hand, and begged me to get help he sat and cried and pleaded with me to get help and to stop just existing.
Shortly after that a few days later i sat holding his hand as he passed away.
Im 7 days clean of Heroin and im going to honour my grandads memory, and my dad asked me to do it for him, which i will but more importantly i am doing it for myself.
7 days is the longest iv kept clean, i thought i had friends but it seems not as not one of them are hear right now… and im lonely and would love to make new friends in the same situation.
So of u want to say hi that would be great thanks for reading

22 Likes

Hi Wendy, welcome to TS! My name is Dana and the most recent DOC that I have overcome was crack cocaine. I now have 163 days clean from all mind altering substances :slight_smile: I’m so glad ur here. U owe it to urself to live a good life. Ur worth fighting for urself and I’m excited that u have a week clean! Great work :slight_smile: Altho my deepest condolences to you about ur grandad :frowning: That must be incredibly hard. Therw are amazing people here tho to provide support. Hope it will be as helpful for u, as it is for me.

3 Likes

Your going to have a guardian angel beside you every step of the way, maybe not in physical form but definitely in spirit. When it gets hard stop and talk to your grandad, you’ll get the answers and strength you need. When it’s easy talk to him again, he’ll be very proud of you.

3 Likes

#dolse71
Thats so mad u have said that… since i have been on the start of this journey… i know as mad as it sounds but i know and feel a spirit is with me i just dont know who xx thank u for taking the time to contact me i really appreciate it x

2 Likes

Hello Wendy welcome to the app. God bless you in your grief. You are doing a fine job and I’m glad you want to stay clean.

3 Likes

Welcome to the group! Congrats on 7 days sober! Ive never done heroin so i wont pretend to know what you are going thru but as an addict and as a group of addicts we can offer support, love, and advice to get you through until you are thriving in sobriety. Im sorry about your loss but it seems your granddad left you with a huge truth bomb. I hope that can fuel you through withdrawls and you can come to a place where you want to fight this addiction for you. BECAUSE YOU ARE WORTH IT. Read around and post more when you are ready :slight_smile: you dont have to do this alone.

4 Likes

:wink:

1 Like

Hi Wendy…Welcome to recovery. My addiction (opiates, endorphins, and alcohol lasted 50 years… At 69 years old I am 2 months away from being 3 years sober, Sorry to hear about your grand dad :(. Congratulations on 7 days clean! You are wise beyond your years to realize you MUST do this for yourself…You are in the right place… Together we can share our experience strength and hope in battling this wretched disease together… We can do this!

2 Likes

Good morning and welcome! DOCs similar w Rocks but meth. In particular the one thing that’s helping me a lot is rewriting Neuropathways to have new experiences and new things to be inspired by. Getting a sponsor and getting into the work and going to meetings has been my biggest help to get started.Then hikes, music, movies and redecorating my living spaces with things and characters that inspire me keeps it fun. No doubt your grandfather has always seen wonderful things within you that were only being held back and now those parts of you are relieved, even have a chance to breathe finally without being bombarded and told to numb out. Here’s to letting that person inside of you breathe and grow it’ll be uncomfortable at times but definitely doable as there is always a solution. Long term solution for me meant deep dive trauma therapy, therapy, sponsor, steps and finally being me to love deeply and play freely! It’s badass and so worth it!! I wish you the best always!

2 Likes