My first week! Yay!

I’m so happy that I made it past 7 days. I’m pushing for 7 more. Pushing and praying. Any suggestions?

17 Likes

Exactly what you just said, keep pushing and praying to your higher power. Say the serenity prayer…god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Congrats on 7 days, keep checking in, and when that sneeky unconscious mind comes in and says have a drink you deserve it
… You fight untill and keep playing the type of why you chose this sober path, no matter much it hurts. And remember there is going to be bad days, but there is going to be some fricken awesome days too.

2 Likes

Congratulations on your first week sober! Feels great, doesn’t it? :grinning: Remember to keep yourself busy and distracted with whatever you can! Go for a walk, read a book, whip out a crossword, anything! And remind yourself how far you’ve come and don’t give up!

2 Likes

Read all you can on here…so many great threads, some of them are old, but check them out. Maybe make a list of all the great stuff being sober brings to you and also all the shit alcohol brings to your life…read it if you feel a craving. :heart:

And congratulations on your week!!!

Do whatever your doing bc it’s working, keep it simple.
congrats on 7 days :star2:

Keeping busy is my best distraction…I pray every night…and everyday is a new day…I also find myself looking at my date clock and watching all the money I’ve saved in 107 days accumulate…but always remember that u made the decision to quit and dont go back on y u decided to stop…:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Great advice-thank you

1 Like

Keep going to 2 weeks and beyond.
7 days is a great start!!!
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Now you know you can stay sober every day that ends with a Y! :grin:

The phrase one day at a time is used a lot, but there is a good reason. Just deal with what’s in front of you and trust the rest will fall into place.

Keep checking in and reach out whenever you need to!

1 Like

Up to day 13 and staying strong :blush:

1 Like

Congrats on your first week sober mate!! Keep up the good work!! My biggest suggestion to helping with staying sober is find a hobby or bunch of hobbies. Keep yourself busy!