My fourth month sober

Today marks my 4th month sober from hard drugs! I’m doing well and planning to slowly cut down my methadone (it’s currently 40ml daily). Has anyone suggestions about it or share similar situations?

13 Likes

Addiction is addiction, mine was booze so i dont have any specific advice on your DOC but i just want to congratulate you on your 4 months sober…whatever the addiction i know thats alot of hard work, well done to you, sending love :heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations on 4 months! :partying_face:

2 Likes

First off good job on making it 4 months. While I was never into opioids but rather the exaxt opposite coke I did take the liberty of doing some research for you. According to a study out of Canada that ill link below the highest rate of success for tapering from methadone seems to be in people who taper the dose by 1-3 percent once a month. Though the general guideline presented is no more than 5 percent and the taper lasting longer than 1 year for and the dosage lowering somewhere between every 2 weeks to once a month for sustainaned success. I hope this information helps and I wish you continued success.

2 Likes