My helpful habit tracking app

Your stinkin thinking is creeping back in my friend, trying to talk yourself out of caring about your streak and convincing yourself you can drink with your friends. Listen to that inner YOU that your brain is trying to convince it’s ok because deep down you know it’s not. Start practicing now, talk in the mirror until you have it down. No, dude I don’t drink. I’m all set. Nope, not even one. I am worth a sober life, and I hope you feel that one the most because you really are worthy! :heart:

1 Like

Hey Aaron. Your tracking app looks so similar to the tracking I do. I track my diet, exercise, weight, and yes, drinking. And I even color code the drinking… red yellow green. No matter how long the streak was for green (zero drinks), I would always start putting up a few yellows (1-3 drinks), then I inevitably went right back to months and months of CONSECUTIVE reds and those reds usually consisted of 10, 12, 15+ drinks. As much as I tried to “reset my system” and tried to be a moderate drinker, it always went back to red, red, red.

I made it 83 days “in the green” in 2018 (starting Jan 1). But I was blacked out 5+ days per week by April. It’s the old saying… “1 becomes 2… 2 becomes 20!” I now live in solid green (141 days and counting). I no longer think about drinking. No more internal struggle of, “I promised myself I’d only have 2, but damn… I want more!” Sorry to drone on and on, but there is a better way.

I highly recommend you read “This Naked Mind” by Annie Grace. It changed my life and got me out of that viscious cycle. Trust me, I know where the “I’ll just have a couple because I’m celebrating…” ends up. Good luck and feel free to message me directly if you’d like to talk.

1 Like

I was say something happen in 2017… So do u mark it everyday how does it work? I interested

1 Like

Yeah, every day. It reminds me in the evening. I track alcohol, cannabis, exercise, sugar and spending over $10 on a “want” and not a need purchase. It gets very colorful lol.

The justification the last two days, to take a red on alcohol is a bitter internal dispute between sobriety and perfectionism. Been bored AF and a little lonely. Normally I can hit the bar and stick with tea or soda water, but I know I’m feeling a little weak at the moment and maybe I could have just… ugh lol.

1 Like

That’s awesome! I use green for zero, blue for two or less absolutely red for drunk. It sure didn’t feel like I was getting drunk as often as my record shows but clearly I was putting them down hard. Thanks for the support and the recommendation!

I like Dry January app. You can enter exact amounts for days and it tells you have many pounds .you saved. Dollars would have been nice. Lol

It works for the whole year too

2 Likes