My journey on becoming Sober from Marijuana!

I had a year and a half clean from drinking but still would use cannabis on a semi regular basis. Then the guilt of not being completely sober got to me. This was even after being prescribed cannabis by my doctor for ptsd. I then saw the health consequences of using vape pens and only took cannabis orally through drops. This was my mistake.! The accelerant in the oral cannabis contained alcohol and so little that even the doctor and pharmacist that sold it to me said it wouldn’t affect me knowing that I was in recovery. Within 20 days I relapsed on alcohol. Now I am proud to say that I am over 2 months sober from all drugs and alcohol! It has not been without help from God and constant prayer for peace and understanding of myself and others. I have had to learn to let go of my fears, shame, and resentments towards myself and others. Trust me not everything is going my way but life has gotten so much better. Keep up the hard work it pays off!

4 Likes

Day 237 clean from dope. First two weeks were full on night sweats. I was an addict snaked since 14 till 24 wilts only two years off. Was pretty brutal. Life’s got so much better.

1 Like

I’m also a marijuana addict (used it everyday multiple times a day with tabacco) from about 16 until 6 days ago (I’m 20). It bothers me how people don’t see it as a serious problem. To me it is the same as alcohol. The physical health effects may not be so present, but the effect on mental health is huge. I lost all motivation and couldn’t enjoy myself unless I was high. I notice people feel like they can justify their use a lot easier with marijuana than say alcohol or other drugs. In my opinion, if you can’t go more than a few days without it, it’s probably a problem. Glad to know other people are on this journey with me.

3 Likes

Are you or have you experienced any withdrawal symptoms? I had night sweats sumn terrible ln and I find myself being short with people. Tbh, part of it feels like I’m finally clear headed enough to keep up with retorts for once and also just because I’m kinda irritable atm. Haha.

1 Like

As far as withdrawal I’ve had no appetite and sleeping has been a nightmare for me. The first few days I was anxious pretty much 24/7, now it seems to come and go. Literally thought something was wrong with my heart but nope, just crazy anxious lol! Haven’t noticed too much irritability but I also haven’t really been in too many situations where I’ve tested myself of that. I think my energy in general translates into anxiety rather than anger. I’ve definitely noticed myself just feeling quicker and more active in conversations so that’s been nice. How are you doing today besides the night sweats and irritability?

1 Like

I really appreciate you asking. I’m doing pretty good. I also had no appetite last night because I’m used to smoking before I eat and since no smoke, no hunger. I had a little appetite today so I’ve been snacking to make sure I AM eating and am making sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. It did take longer than usual for me to fall asleep last night, but I feel tired enough right now that I don’t think I’ll have the same issue tonight, but I am worried about the sweating. It’s funny you mention thinking your heart was in trouble because I had the exact same thoughts. Felt like my heart was doing flips in my chest at some points while I laid there waiting to fall asleep last night.

1 Like

Glad you’re making yourself eat. Had to do the same thing at first but it’s getting a little easier now. Smoothies helped because it didn’t feel like I was forcing myself to eat so much and I could throw in some protein powder. I’ve found even if I’m physically tired, my mind just wants to race and keep me awake which is annoying so I hope you can avoid that! Night sweats are so awful I haven’t gotten those yet so fingers crossed they stay away. Also glad I’m not the only one with a heart that seems to be taking up gymnastics lol it was brutal for awhile. Hoping it goes away quickly for you too. Hopefully good sleep comes to both of us soon!

1 Like

Back from 7 year using THC. This is second day. I hope this community will help us… :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed::dove:

I smoked a long time also. Now I have headaches, sleepy a lot. I feel it did a lot of damage on top of drinking. 92 or 93 days finally today. Thanks for talking about this.

1 Like

Today im 27 day sober. I feel so much better… Thanks for asking :pray::purple_heart:

2 Likes

I am on the same journey. I have been smoking for 24 years. I started at 14. I agree with you about the lost opportunities. I have also made many poor decisions while high. I commend you for your realizations. Your honesty is inspiring. Can you share your routine please. I am worried about my idle hands and thanks again for your story. We are on the same page. I am not sure I can help as I am not where you are on the journey as of yet but I am a great listener if you ever need to vent.