My Journey to my 30...living or dying

Day 1. Hi my names Rob. I’m 41…I have a amazing baby boy he’s 2 and a beautiful princess she’s 1… I’m an addict! I’ve been battling both for 20 years! How I got here…I don’t know??? To stay im scared…yes…yes I am scared! I haven’t seen my kids in a while! And suicidal thoughts have become more prominent as I struggle through my days! I’ve done so many crazy things in my time…if you knew me …you would that…I have ability to go way to far!??. I am monster!!! I told my family and best friends…something I’ve never actually just come out and admitted openly! Though they knew to a point!!! I’ve become the biggest liar!!! I hate that! I am the worst version on myself! I asked my best friend yesterday if he thought I was to far gone! He said he hoped not! The fact I asked…only proved what I already knew! If I don’t beat this! I’m a walking dead man!! I would rather be dead…then to be this way!!! this evil!!! this monster I am! I don’t even know the man in the mirror any more! I’ve lost track of days! It’s taken my dreams, my family , my kids, my money, and my soul! Today is day 1…today I stand up and scream no more!!! Today I chose something more something else! Today I’m fighting for my tomorrow’s! I didn’t sleep very much last night but I am hopeful! If I don’t get my kids back…I’m already gone! And this is all for nothing!!! That’s a fact!! I’m nothing without them! They are my reason! I’m tired of watching them grow up through pictures I have to ask for! I don’t know what I ever did to deserve these demons! But they are very much so real! I beat this once before…:I’m holding on to that! I can beat this again! And in turn Im going to take back my life! I’m holding…barely!!! But I am still here. And now I’m in a race for my life! And so here we go! One more time…for the last time.This is my journey to my 30…I’m taking back my life! One day at a time!!! I can’t stop the tears right now! There’s So much guilt/shame/selfhate. That sharp stabbing pain seems not never go away…the fire I use to run from…I now run too! It hasnt been fun in a long time…why do I do this??? Why don’t I like me!? I haven’t smiled in what seems like a life time! I use to be the happiest person in the room! One way or the other…this ends! I hate this guy I’ve become…and my babies deserve the best! Or at the very least the best version of me! This is my journey to my 30! This is my fight!

15 Likes

Hey buddy…really glad you’re here. The only way out is through.

People talk on here a lot about the gift of desperation. About 1200 days ago that gift was bestowed upon me. I was tired, sick, shameful, guilty, confused. My life had become unmanageable. I decided that I wanted to take my life back.

I lived on this site for the first few months. I wrote down my last hangover/come down in VIVID detail. I also wrote every single reason I had to get sober. I read these every time I had a craving. I immersed myself in sobriety literature and this community. Sobriety became my only focus and full time commitment.

I am so thankful for my desperation. It was the best thing that ever happened to me.

You said that “one more time” this was your journey to 30. What did you do in the past to get sober? It sounds like you need a new plan if what you did before wasn’t working. What can you add this time?

I am not sure what resources you have available to you, Have you tried in patient rehab? Intensive out patient? Therapy? AA? SMART Recovery? Refuge Recovery?

There’s a thousand roads to recovery. Looking forward to getting to know you here. :pray:t2:

4 Likes

You know one of the biggest things to do is admit you have a problem… Taking drugs warps us, makes us lie and do things we never would do sober.

So ask yourself are you ready to push yourself more than you ever thought possible…
Reach out find a program to help you, dont do this alone as you are not alone!
Take it one day at a time.
Dont rely on your old self, old coping ways you need to commit to that change.

And i know this one hard, stop hurting yourself your worth recovery.

4 Likes

Last Time moved a thousand miles away…one of best friend friends took me in cleaned up gave me a job that sort of thing! A couple of weeks ago I tried stopping. Well I tried stop using meth but kept on with blow…in my head least I’m not doing meth in the end I was right back to it! I’ve thought about a lot of things I’ve got court in three weeks for my baby girl. I’m going to be staying with my family more they’re amazing I start my new job on Monday that’ll keep me busy…I’m going to try and focus more on me getting back in the gym I use to enjoy but try some of these meeting! I’ve been to AA but I don’t know if should try NA. I drink a lot when I use but I don’t ever wake up wanting a drink! So I don’t know if AA is it for me! Then again I don’t know enough! I’m addict that’s a guarantee I may be an alcoholic but I know I’m an addict! I honestly don’t know enough…but I’m up and today I’m going to be sober and that’s the only thing I know!! Thank you for your words and time! I found this app by accident but I’m sure glad I found it! Thank you friend

2 Likes

From what I understand, even though the steps and the ethos is similar…the vibe in NA is quite different. Maybe you would find a group that works for you there💛

1 Like

Rob-We’ve all been there. We’re here to support you. Checking in here is the way to stay accountable. We’re rooting for you!!

2 Likes

Welcome Rob! You’ve made the best decision of your life. Stay close and stay connected to all of us. As far as AA or NA, I suggest making the decision after attending a few of each.

3 Likes

I’ll do that!!! Thank you so much for your time

1 Like

Welcome Rob. This has been a great place for me to get support. It sounds like you got a lot to be grateful for when your clean and sober. Those 2 beautiful children are worth having a sober Dad. And more importantly you’re so worth it too. We can’t do anything about our past. But we can build a cathedral out of our future. Just one day at a time. It won’t happen over night. But one lousy beautiful clean sober day at a time works.
I start my day off with gratitude. I got so much more to be grateful for now that I’m sober. I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

The absolute last thing you are is a monster, Rob!!! You are sick. What you have done today is amazing. Give credit to yourself for realizing you have a problem. That is the first step. If you ever need to talk we are here. There is much strength when we don’t try and do this alone.

3 Likes

Hi Rob, you are not alone. We are on the same road together. Greetings from germany.

1 Like

I’ll pray for all us…it’s unfortunate we’re in the same boat! Maybe together we can get to where we need to be! :pray:

1 Like

Day 2…

Back at work today…boy was I tired today!!! My body still trying to adjust! Those cold sweats and headaches were definitely felt today!!! I’m certain my insides hate me!!! I’m Staying strong…my babies need me!

Good guys 2- Bad guys 0
28 to go💪

2 Likes

Welcome @Robbie405​:pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you friend! I’m actually detoxing while trying to put the pieces back together! It’s crazy how much you just don’t care about anything when I’m in it…the aftermath is like one hard slap in the face! I’m staying strong and busy! Man this is brutal though! Thank you for your words! I hope you and everyone else is staying strong as well!

1 Like

Day 5

1 Like