My journey to sobriety

I’ve been sober for 25 days now, thank God I haven’t gone this long in 6 years

11 Likes

Congratulations !! You’re close to the month, stay strong !!

1 Like

Thanks, it feels really good tbh. It’s hard when all my friends party. I literally hang out with no one and I’m going crazy

Oh yeah I understand but I hope you can do others things to forget that.

Yeah I know, I’ve been keeping busy in other ways

1 Like

Congrats!!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much. It really is a blessing

1 Like

Congrats! Stay around here! You have all of us!

1 Like

First of all congrats on 25 days.
i didn’t get sober to be a miserable lonely guy. I got sober to enjoy life to the fullest.
I told everyone that I don’t drink. (I understand that this is not for everyone.) I found that I have lost a couple of friends for it. its cool though… I have a couple of friends that are super supportive and understanding. Best of all I have new friends in recovery! And we have dinner parties. Group Cinema dates. Go to sporting events together (I remember it!!)
Watch the world go by togther. I’m no longer alone in this world. :grinning:
i’m a year and 4 months sober. I have a sponsor and I keep close to him. Finding new hobbies…only by trying them… I got into yoga in my first month and got into acting classes. I got into learning how to write a play.
Getting out of my comfort zone helps get over my fear.
Love being sober. Great that your reaching out!! Keep it simple and it’s a day at a time. :grinning:Enjoy the ride!!

2 Likes

Thank you so much that means a lot you have no idea

I’ve noticed that nobody wants to hang out with me now lol but it’s okay. I look at it as I’m bettering myself while they’re enjoying a false interpretation of what fun actually is. Thank you for your words they really ment a lot

I like helping others. I can only talk about what I have done and doing. I volunteer which takes up time and I try to do one thing for someone without them noticing. I played this game with my mum when I lived with her. every time she noticed that I did something I did another thing.
I can’t do any of those things if I’m drinking or using. Being useful is something I am today.
I notice different colour leaves. Flowers. Clouds. The world isn’t against me anymore. Sometimes it feels that way.