My life story - bad days

I tried to sober but many time’s failed but this is my new start today is my first day of sobriety.

Let me explain my story :

I’m 29 years old IT professional from Dubai

When i start to plan drink, i think i will stop after one beer but when i drink one beer i end up with 4-6 beers, after not eating food, more phone calls to family and friends and i think im doing ok but after next day morning i really feel back thinking previous day incident, thinking that hangover i again go to take one beer but same happen like previous days.

Days went, months passed still same. Made my habit absence in my office, i made feel bad to my boss who are the one loved me so much other than anyone in my office because my talent.

I requested him chances but i stopped one week drinking im going office all day but if i start in weekend again same problem happens.

I lost so much money due to drinks, also my beauty also look very bad. I only get happiness while drinking…

My family is not good to me because of only this habbit.

This is my first day again and i want to be successful in this, and also i want to boost my financial, beauty, career , health.

Instead of drinking i will find some good other things

Like eating good healthy food, learning new skills which boost my career, want to take care of my beauty, buying new costumes, etc…

Hope everyone have worst story like me due to drinking.

Hope everyone can do it,

8 Likes

Welcome!! Thanks for sharing your story. TS has been very helpful to me, hope you find it for you as well. Nobody needs to feel alone in their journey. We have each other for support!

1 Like

Welcome!! Glad you are here!!

1 Like

Welcome here,
This place is a good place to add in your life. It can really be a life changer.
Take your time to read here as much as you can would be my advice, there is so much good information to find about how to become and stay sober. This is a supportive place as well en open for 24/7. Because we are people from all around the world there is always someone awake to talk to.
So if you crave for a drink? Come here instead to vent instead of picking up and feeling bad afterwards.
Let’s stay sober together! :facepunch:

Nice to meet you, How long you have been here as Sober ?

I’m sober since 18 september 2018 and came here 2 weeks before that if I remember correct :wink:

2 Likes

What you are doing for living, How old are you and you from?
What difference you got for your overall body and beauty :slight_smile: ?

I work as an assistant store manager why do you wanna know? I’m 56, now I’m sober for a long time I experience far more energy. My skin is calm and not bloated and I feel more healthy.
I feel free now I do not feel I’m dictated when I “need” a drink. I do not need a drink anymore to be happy, I’m good sober and glad that my hard work paid out.
I hope you can achieve that too.
Be here much, it helps :raising_hand_woman:

2 Likes

Sobriety is possible. Dedicate the same amount of time you would have spent drinking dedicated to your recovery! Its possible.