My mind want to drink, but my body won't touch it

Answer with no bad comments

4 Likes

Why affraid for bad comments? Don’t be.
We all know how hard it is to fight the addict voice in your head. I called mine the wine witch.
Sober for a longer stretch now so I do not hear her much. So keep sober and stick around!
Welcome here! :raising_hand_woman:

11 Likes

Tell your body to sort that mind out . your be ok if you dont lift a drink wish you well

2 Likes

Like SoberWalker, I have a name for my addict voice too. Well, a few. Punky Drunky, Dribbling Boozehound, and Denise to name a few. I often have to tell her to SHUT IT. It does get better the longer you are sober. Good job listening to your body this time around.

2 Likes

Can I steal “ wine witch”? Perfect description!!

1 Like

Some times it be like that. After years of habitual drinking, it is a hard thing to stop and not want it. That’s all part of the struggle.

Things that help is H.A.L.T.

Also meditation, long walks, quit lit, AA meetings, sobriety podcasts, reading the stuff on this forum, naps and food, lots of food helped me :smile:

Just focus on One day at a time!

3 Likes

Sure, I stole it too :rofl::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Well that’s a win… regardless of why you’re not touching it. The entire chemical composition of the brain changes in addiction… find an activity to release natural endorphins and your brain will appreciate it. Best wishes to you

I completely understand what you’re experiencing, I am having the same feelings today. Personally I allow myself to experience the craving, but I do not entertain it further- it is nothing but a fleeting thought that your brain is accustomed to having that with each passing day will loosen its reigns on you. If you’re up for it, I highly recommend going for a walk or hitting the gym- you will feel amazing and won’t even think about drinking. Best of luck and lots of love :yellow_heart::yellow_heart:

Thank you been long long time I been sober too many years started in 2018