My mom relapsed

we’re on vacation. our friends live very close, and we invited them to eat rolls in (japanese cuisine) in our apartment together. while we still were at their place, my mom’s friend said that we could drink beer. then i don’t really remember but we headed to our apartment. they arrived shortly. we ate almost all the rolls as my mom’s friend poured her beer. i really didn’t want her to drink it. i mean. she doesn’t treat it as a relapse but i got pretty worried. i lost my grandpa to alcohol. he actually quit shortly before dying. it was sad to see him fade away after my grandma died. i couldn’t be there for him as i started having my own issues at that time. anyways, after that our landlord showed up with a bottle of wine. that was so triggering. i guess actually i didn’t want my mom to drink because of how it affects me. it’s just that why did they had to do that with me in the room. well, she ended up giving the bottle to her friend! i still was upset and wanted to go to the bathroom to sh. i went to sleep instead, on the same bed my mom was sitting on. they said that isn’t very polite of me. i don’t think it’s worse than triggering me tbh. however just now i found out my mom thought i was joking when i said i quit drinking!! it was back then when i was 17 i think. what. im so confused. anyway im glad i had a nap.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear about this. It sounds like the whole day was a series of triggering things. That is hard.

I’m glad you were able to share. You deserve a safe place. Keep checking in :innocent:

3 Likes

thank you! make sure to reach out as well if it gets hard or when you’re having a good time

2 Likes

Thanks! :pray:t2: :innocent:

1 Like

It’s sad you had to go through this, but you came out stronger! Salute!

2 Likes

@livid-flames Im so sorry for the day you had , getting triggered like that over and over again had to be tough especially in the presence of alcohol keeping being presented . I’m glad you were there for your mom at this time though I hope everything gets better I know with the mindset you have and the care you have for your mother that this will be another trial that you guys can get through together. Thank you for sharing with us I know that it was very hard :pray:

1 Like