My Name Is Cameron, And

So, it happened. A little more than two weeks in give or take (I stopped looking to be honest) I drank. And I have until earlier tonight. Had a few beers with my dad (3) and just lost the taste. First thought was to come on here.

I can’t think of any reason that I can give that I wish was good. No death in my family; my wife or kids didn’t leave; didn’t lose a job. I just gave in. I fucked up. Plain and simple.

I don’t make a habit out of reading my posts before, but if I didn’t say it already, I’m a binge drinker. Never have drank every day, but when I do, it’s off to the races.

I don’t want sympathy and I don’t have a woes me story. Save money lost, nothing bad happened other than losing my momentum towards sobriety. That’s god-damned lucky compared to some.

Maybe I was wrong. A support group, other than here is in order. I’ll deal with that tomorrow, as it’s 11:23pm EST. I just wanted to be honest on here to someone tonight.

To my, now former, sober twin @anon44659383, I’m sorry I can’t be that with you anymore. Thank you for helping me in my very early first sobriety and I look forward to moving on with you, just without the same date.

To the board as a whole, thank you for being here. I’ll continue to learn and move forward. And as I do, especially in the AA world I threw away so quickly earlier, I’ll certainly appreciate your help and support.

12 Likes

Sorry to hear about your relapse, but glad you are here! It’s hard to get yourself up and going again. But like you said: you learn and move forward! :facepunch:

Awww, we’re still sober twins!! I drank last night!:roll_eyes: Like you I don’t drink everyday or even week but when I do I more than make up for it and would never even consider stopping at 3. No shitty feeling led me to drink matter of fact i had a good day. I just got bored and went out.

I am going to my first AA meeting tomorrow afternoon. I can’t do this alone anymore and I’m just fed up with held hostage by alcohol.

I’m like a fungus, you can’t get rid of me😊

2 Likes

It’s good to see both of you considering re-evaluating your approaches to your recovery as a response to relapse. It takes a certain amount of humility to let go of how you wanted to do things before and be open to trying a different solution. Every time I relapsed, I stopped working my program, I rolled my own ineffective program, or I didn’t have one at all. I suspect that’s the case for pretty much everyone who’s entered the realm of alcoholism.

You’re back on the wagon, keep at it, and I hope whatever changes you make going forward are effective. Keep us updated :slight_smile: