My neck and shoulder pain are my biggest triggers

Todays challenge in staying sober:

My neck and shoulder pain are back.

These can make me so nauseous that I throw up. The pain lasts all day and it keeps me in bed.

Usually I would be smoking all day to help with the nausea and allow me to sleep through the day.

I cant help but fight with myself in my head:

“Is smoking for one day really such a bad thing? Is smoking to fall asleep such a bad thing?”

Im really struggling to not go buy something right now. I took some naproxen but I know Ill definitely be laying down in pain all day. Its a scary thought while sober. Its going to be a long day.

5 Likes

Im sorry to hear your in this pain, i suffer terrible pain frim my left shoulder and neck too and it comes in like episode’s.
I use naproxen also for it.
I have found since starting swimming months back that it comes on less, and for shorter periods of time.
Have you seen a physiotherapist or spoke with your gp about it?
Also my migraines start the neck and shoulder off when i get one. All 3 together and i couldn’t even move out of bed.
The nausea isnt nice either.
I feel your pain. Hope the naproxen kicks in soon.

2 Likes

You’re doing great Lauren. TENS unit? Lidocaine patches, streches, heat & massage. Any or all can be helpful. If it’s due to a bony issue, not so much. If you’ve tried all prior and no benefit, I’ll shut up now.
Feel better soon.

3 Likes

I have a lot of neck discomfort from being at a desk all day. I use Voltaren gel. It’s available over the counter now and it works wonders.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reminder… and the encouragement. I appreciate you

Thanks and same to you. Ive never tried swimming for exercise but i do love to do it. Thats interesting. I have seen a chiropractor but havent been in a while.

But since sober ive been able to keep track of what i need to do to take care of myself, so its on my list.

Thank you again

1 Like

Thank you i appreciate it :pray:

Oh i have never been to a chiropractor but im sure i need too!
Iv been watching videos and im like ah that looks like it feels so good!
Hope your doing okay.

1 Like