My Self Detox at home plan (meth)

I want to assume I’m not the only one that is struck in disappointment when I search the resources on the internet that very little is offered on the process of quitting one’s DOC. For the countless searches I’ve made to try to gather up enough useful information to embark on my journey that leads to full sobriety I am glancing at basic information all in the attempts to try to sell me to sign up with their resort detox clinic. Am I on my own island in solitude where a resort/detox clinic is out of the question, where it’s not an option that I can financially sustain. I would like to think not.

So I am trying to provide for the community here, we are all not society’s shortcomings. Many individuals are prone to life’s mishaps and don’t have the financial assets of family money to bail them out of their addictions sending them off to professional resorts to cure them of them after their first slip as a teenager.

I hope this ends up being a sticky as a guide for people to follow or to make reference to as well. When my journey is all complete I will make a website with all the information including any added contributors advice that is submitted here. The individuals who may be living lives of sobriety to the individuals who have failed countless times, to ones who need a guide or a reference to try to plan out their journey towards sobriety, I hope all can contribute somehow. Also I hope this is of some aid to those wanting to either tackle this journey with me together or thereafter after it’s completed using this as a reference of the path to be taken, I do this for the information within without any sales pitch to join a detox clinic or buy my book of how to do it successfully. I will create an Instagram and a Twitter for the purposes of ones that want to join me and provide for each other, neither of which I’m going to try to get you to sign up for a detox clinic or buy my book. I do this for my sobriety and yours only.

The path to be taken:
A self detox at home to get off Crystal Meth completely, with the use of home remedies, supplements, vitamins, herbs, some prescription medicine, all while maintaining a self owned business.

My short story:
I grew up with a good foundation with the beliefs of treat others how you’d like to be treated, take others feelings into consideration, to be polite and live within your means. I matured very late and found myself in solitude frequently when high school hit, this was during the time when family life broke down, where neither parent was there to offer guidance in life or to express feelings of any kind.
Gateway:
Was actually due to trying to find acceptance and exctasy in pill form at underground raves. Was a weekend thing, but eventually started selling locally and was taking multiple pills when I did.
DOC Introduction:
Meth was introduced to me as a means of keeping the high during the comedown period of ecstasy. Enjoyed the body Euphoria and the mind relaxation as one does with ADD.
Usage:
I got addicted to it not due to the Euphoria but the numbing of my feelings, since I was never shown how to express my feelings this slowly fixated as my alternative to deal. I’ve successfully been addicted to meth and been through continuous years or sobriety in the past. However my usage is much higher and the time period is much longer than previous and the age factor not helping in any degree. The reasons I’ve used and continuously used can be any numerous reasons. To say meth is the only reason why my life is way it is, I beg to differ. I don’t blame it entirely on the drug, for without the drug I wouldn’t have made it this far, and no one or anything is making me quit at this time, I just know I’ve gotten everything I’ve wanted from it and it’s time to move on. I know that quitting it won’t bring on immediate happiness and be the savior to all my problems, as I have a tough battle to climb not just towards the way of sobriety but also the battles I have to climb with rebuilding a life to the future.
As I once supplied many dealers in town and had supply at my disposal, very high tolerance/immunity to the drug.

Preparation:
I have done my research and using my past successes in quitting at my disposal I have stocked up on supplements, going to do a detox juice cleanse, have vitamins on hand, some prescription medicine on hand. But before I layout a complete guide of what I was going to follow, I’d like to get feedback or suggestions from any out there who have done this, I may adjust my plan accordingly. Also I hope some will join me in this journey.

Days to start:
4 days

2 Likes

I did it. Alone. Cold turkey.

A decade long daily user. I attempted to get clean a few times. Only ever got to three weeks before relapse.

Last year 2020 I actually got clean properly. 11 months. Until I relapsed. I’m 72 days clean now.

My advice? Just do it. Have your “why’s” very clearly definded. Your “why’s” will be a huge driving force in keeping you clean. For example, my whys were, to get my old life back, my normal good successful life back, to get my own new house, to get a dog, to save money to travel once covid settles down, to get a job I enjoy…

Also, schedule your days. To stay clean you need to stay busy. So to do that you need to schedule your days from the moment you wake up to the moment you go to bed. And stick to it.

Journal every morning. Get up at the same time every morning.

But the main thing that has kept me remembering to stay clean?? This place, TS. Ive been here a year and a half and this little community we have here is a huge part of why I am still clean… Read on here every single day. Alot.

If I can do it, you can. You just have to know your why’s and be honest about them :hugs::pray::innocent::tada:

9 Likes

Just curious, why wait? Why not stop now?

6 Likes

Why wait for tomorrow what u can do today

6 Likes

Get a good support group to help you deal with things that may come up. I know how hard it is to get off of the crystal, for me i had to change the people places and things, they may still be out there but i dont need to be out there with them, i wish you well on your recovery🙌

3 Likes

My first attempt at getting sober consisted of me saying “oh I’m going to call rehab tomorrow”. The only reason tomorrow came was because my girlfriend at the time dropped me off there without saying where we were going, 4 months after I originally said it.

There is no “one last good one” or “right time” to get sober. If you ever do get sober and create a website I really hope that a countdown until sobriety is not included. Lotta people die chasing that last one. Then they really do get sober forever…

9 Likes

You have a lot to be proud of April. You keep fighting. I am glad you are here.

5 Likes

e13adbf103f45312e33b49b67b50708e7761ddda93693b167443ad47dd09396c.0

1 Like

I also was a daily user for 7 years who quit cold turkey. I detoxed at home, alone, almost died until someone found me and took me to my parents. I finished my detox there under careful watch of my family. I didn’t go to rehab, I wish I had.

I celebrated 16 years meth free but I relapsed to alcohol, so don’t ever put your gloves down. Don’t make the mistake I made, blaming one drug for your addiction.

I wish you strength.

:orange_heart::pray::orange_heart:

10 Likes

What kind? Does the doctor that prescribed these meds know you’re using them to detox?

Why wait? Start now while you have the motivation.

5 Likes

You’ll be ready when your really ready, when there is no more hope, sometimes it takes more experience on “trying” what doesn’t work to figure out what will work for you, more jail time hospital visits and hurting lives is what it took for me to think about quiting but that never changed my mind. until i found a program and did the work that i started to make any progress in maintaining my sobriety.

4 Likes

I think preparation is key, I think only the individual knows when exactly the right time is. One can not be forced to embark on this journey, as those are when relapses occur most the road. One truly has to want it for themselves. Its not a decision that is easily made overnight and its not a decision that one can make for you as well. All of us are here for different reasons, as we also decided to use and use again for different reasons as well. I think one has to take the proper time to understand what each of those reasons were, so you can move forward in life. How many times I have told myself that I was going to quit, I purchased supplements in the mail to aid in the withdrawal process which I planned to start later that week, well time passed and the day I was going to start on my sobriety came and left as well.

I think to prepare and make sure things are in order is more likely to stay on the track of sobriety with out relaspe, whereas quitting cold turkey the following day on a whim will have a higher % of relapse rate.

This time of preparation is for the golden prize, a life of sobriety, it can’t be done on a whim…

Countdown to sobriety: 2 days

2 Likes

No offense dude but you are still actively using and already acting like you know more about getting sober than people who have actually gotten sober. That hubris is not going to serve you well at all.

13 Likes

Well, you do you. I would urge some caution. People who reallllly want to get sober seldom wait. I did my worst thinking, my worst reasoning while using my DOC.

No amount of waiting, no amount of research can prepare you and make it easier… If you want to be sober, be sober.

6 Likes

I was about to write the same thing.

Truth :pray:

4 Likes

Indeed…:ok_hand:

2 Likes

For me it was. One day I was deep into my addiction and the next morning I walked into detox. It literally happened overnight. If I had planned it all out, it would have never happened because I would have found excuse after excuse to put it off.

5 Likes

Cut off all your ties to the drug. Dealers friends and family. They have to go. That’s probably the hardest thing to do. Until I did that ,I didn’t stay quit.

Adderall isn’t the answer. Its just another powerful form of speed. I love adderall and could easily become addicted.

Your self care plan is good.

Your prepared knowing how challenging its going to be. mentally its hard. physically, its not too bad.

you cant begin to heal if your tapering off.

healthy hobbies to spend your drug money on and help you feel better about yourself would be good to add to your self care list.

You can to do this!

5 Likes

Xanax and Adderall is a “pharmaceutical speedball” and both are very addictive. Mixing these two can be extremely dangerous, even fatal so please be careful when putting advice out there for others. I urge anyone following your plan to consult a physician first.

11 Likes

Theory would be a better word than guide.

It could be a step in the right direction, but its more of a guide to harm reduction.

5 Likes