My six month sober story

Today I am six months clean from Perc 30’s herion fentanyl and morphine i was 3 years sober before I found out that my ex fiancé now was bringing percs home I admit I wasn’t strong enough at the time to deny them but I told her that if she was going to do them she’d do them with me bc I am an addict well worse came to worse and I ended up chasing the high again going anywhere and everywhere to get a high disregarding my responsibilities as a father just to go get high I overdosed on July 6th 2023 with my son In the room of it wasn’t for him no one would’ve found me I was narcanned 3 times once through the nose and twice through iv and was transported to the hospital were I recovered and found out that the percs I was doing were really heroin fentanyl and morphine today I now have my son and a partner who understands what addiction is but hasn’t been addicted to anything before let alone she’s never done a drug she supports me through my sobriety and celebrates every milestone with me

15 Likes

Welcome to the community and congrats on 6 months clean and sober. I’m glad you have the support now that you meed

1 Like

Congrats and sobriety and welcome

1 Like

Well done for 6 months hope to get there myself :grinning::muscle:

1 Like

Thank you I definitely struggle here and there but getting through it

2 Likes

You can just take it one day or one hour one minute one second at a time I’ve got faith in you

1 Like

Welcome to the community Allen…great work on your six months. Keep up the amazing work. Hopefully we will see you around the forum

1 Like