My sobriety check-in, no cocaine. . .

Day 3 of staying away from cocaine, usually at this point I will be calling my dealer. I’m fighting the urge, also dealing with my breakup and issues at work which doesn’t make it easy. All I know is I don’t want to seek comfort in something that’s gonna make me feel even worse the next day.

22 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Glad u posted and are reaching out! Congratulations on 3 days of clean time! My most recent DOC was crack cocaine and i completely agree with u in that its not worth trying to seek comfort in something that destroys us. Im sorry ur going thru alot right now. Is there anything u can do to help distract u from wanting to make a call? Would deleting/blocking ur dealers number help? I know that i absolutely had to make it sooo difficult for me to use, so deleting and blocking numbers was something that had to be done. Just too tempting.

10 Likes

@J.Crichton congratulations in day 3. Stay there, don’t give up.

3 Likes

Welcome to talking sober @J.Crichton
You can do it! One day at a time. One hour. One minute. One second even. Just keep pushing

4 Likes

Hi Simon,

Thank you. I have made several attempts to stop and all has failed, This time around I’m using this platform in therapy to help me, so your words and everybody else’s support means a lot.

3 Likes

Thank you, last night I resisted and went to bed. This morning I have deleted his number, I’m trying to keep myself busy and take it one day at a time.

5 Likes

Thank you, the support is needed and much appreciated.

1 Like

I have no idea why I didn’t join this group sooner, but thank you so much. Truly, thank you

4 Likes

Day 4, I’m not feeling as bad as yesterday. My head isn’t hurting as bad as it was yesterday, still feel like my brain is being squashed by a vice. Being trying to keep myself busy with my hobby editing some pictures and now I’m gonna look for something funny to watch to distract me.

1 second at a time, 1 hour at a time, 1 day at a time. :pray:

7 Likes

Nice work! Keep it up!! A movie watching session worked for me too!! Spending time outdoors also helped me a lot!! ODATT

4 Likes

Welcome to the community and reaching 4 days as that is amazing👍

4 Likes

@J.Crichton 4 days!!! That’s really good :blush:

3 Likes

Congratulations on 4 days! Keep up the work. Thos is a great platform to seek advice and build a sober community/support system. Theres some great threads and amazing people on here. Good job reaching out. Its a big step to talk about it and it really does help elevate some of the triggers/stress around addiction.

4 Likes

Keep going. I know exactly how you are feeling! Color, bake, find ways to get your mind off of that! You are doing amazing! I’m 44 days off of coke. It does get easier. I have bad days but nowhere near what they were.

5 Likes

44 days is brilliant​:nerd_face::+1:

2 Likes

I have also blocked and deleted numbers X
So hard as it’s just every were now days just like havin a pint … X
I’m on day 2 … and time to cut alot of people off…
I’m writin this lyin here sore nose… bleeding…low mood. Money wasted… feel decusted …
Keep goin your doin well xdxx

6 Likes

Day 5 of being sober and staying off Coke, I’m pissed off today. Dealing with my addiction, depression, work issues and a breakup. I’ve been seeking professional help and seeing a therapist once a week, I’m reading books on self help and self-love. My therapist said to me a couple of weeks back that anger is a defense and I need to work through my emotions, I understand that but, there are times I am angry and I want to be angry because I never asked for this situation. None of us asked to be in the position that we’re in, the first time I did Coke I was with my friends. I became addicted after I was attacked and beaten up stabbed by five guys which left me depressed anxious and I found relief in cocaine, yes not a smart move. That’s how I became addicted, today I want to be angry. Tomorrow I can work through the emotions but today I want to fucking scream.

2 Likes

I know how u feel… I’m always angry…lyin here in self pity hating my life… wondering were it’s goin. Horrible thoughts…
Just ride with ya angry today … tomz wil be a different feelin xxxx

2 Likes

I feel like I have been suppressing this angry for weeks, looking at things from everyone else’s point of view and ignoring my own. To hell with that, I want to feel and angry is a feeling.

Thank you Mel, :pray::raised_hands:

3 Likes

@J.Crichton day 5!!! Amazing!!! Hopefully tomorrow your mood will go better