My story, and what I feel has/worked for me.... so far

Hi Lucy, just catching up with this thread. Hope you are well?
Early days are always difficult. That voice is so loud in your head.
You just have to be louder!
You can do this if you dig down deep, are honest and have an open mind and heart.
Be prepared to change your life. Because this is what it will take. Though that sounds harsh, believe me when I say, you will end up changing. Because as you get more sober time, you start to realise what had been hidden from you.
Keep coming back and know that each and every one of us has your back, in our own ways. Because no one is unique but we all have different paths to recovery! :grinning:

2 Likes

Awesome! and @mleclaire is a sweetie. I won’t go to AA - THIS forum is my AA (for me - others obviously feel it is invaluable and kudos to them.) So the more I come here to read, the more empowered I feel. I wanted to tell my story (we all have one) and it felt therapeutic. So SaltyChick - your turn. :wink: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you Geo - I see you on here a lot and you have many words of wisdom. Thank you. I am ok - I have long vacation with many friends for a month and it will be boozy to be sure. A couple of tea-totalers will be with us, so that will help. I have to have that honest discussion with my husband and I’m scared. He will be supportive. I’m honestly still at the “I don’t think I can do it forever” although sooooo many posts I read say otherwise - that being sober changes your life, all for the better… I know. I made it to nine days and then poof - I felt I warranted a reward. Dumb. But you asked… When I was at rehab (I went to a useless one) there was one carry-away I took with me…that even when sober… THE BRAIN NEVER FORGETS…

2 Likes

NO! I haven’t! love that - do you have the link? Is it on her website? Thank you! x

1 Like

Goggle alcoholexperiment.com and that should get you there,let me know if it don’t but it’s cool and free which makes it even cooler

1 Like

Forget about forever. Forever doesn’t exist. Stay focused on today and being sober today. :heart:

6 Likes

Stick around, girlie. We are here for you! I’m glad you’re reaching out, how long have you been sober for? How is it going?

1 Like