My Story From the beginning

July 5 of 2020; is a day that I will never forget!

• the last thing I remember was getting into with the guy I was with at the time;
    I remember telling him was going back to bed instead i decided to do more dope before hand
    I remember looking at the clock at exactly 1230am; They next thing remember was waking up in hospital wit a tube down my throat and nurses everywhere they said i had overdosed & they couldn’t believe I was even awake. When the guy was seeing found me at six am and waited an hour to call the ambulance they tried bringing me back i would come in and out a lot they said i even fell out again a few times on way to hospital i was in a coma and didn’t think i would make it.

But, someone was watching over me yet again; I remember my mom walking in tears in her eyes. nd she was trying to explain everything to me … i remember getting place into a room they doctor but me on suboxen to help wit the withdraws i would have from the dope and everything else i had in my system… I looked at the doctor and told him i needed to go back to rehab before i relapsed i was six months sober but, obviously i wasn’t ready for anything or would never had relapsed … so I waited in the hospital for week they found rehab to go too and the one that accepted my insurance was at Allenwood at white deer run in Allentown pa. It was in the middle of nowhere but, it’s what i needed i struggled and pushed my way through it after being there for a month it was time to check out they told me they were going to place me in recovery house back in harrisburg pa but was not what i wanted i didnt want to go back home because i knew what would happen. So they ended up finding a place in guadenzia Ashland pa … so i went checked myself into a 3 to six month program turned out was there for 7 months but in the seven months being there i learned so much … i was finally able to work on myself and thats something i never did was just focus on me and what was in the best interest for me. Not gonna lie there were days i wanted to just up and leave but new i couldn’t because would be letting my kids down my family down and they didn’t deserve to have to go through even more heart ache if i would have left so i stuck it out and honestly was by far best decision i ever made.

Now I have 13 months under my belt i have a sponsor: amazing support group from the fellow ship of Aa. I am doing the 12 steps wit my sponsor living life one day at time like was told to do. We are always gonna have rough days; living on life terms isn’t always easy but, I promise you it’s worth it!

13 Likes

Welcome Ash, it’s nice to meet you. Thank you for sharing your story. I found it difficult to ask for help and it’s people like you that gave me the courage to get my ass to detox. Just like you, I’m grateful for a second chance. I hope you stay around and continue to share your experience, strength and hope. We can make a difference in someone else’s life. :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Welcome to TS Ash, I am glad you are finding your way.
:orange_heart::pray::orange_heart:

5 Likes

God bless Bill W

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing your storey :pray: your amazing :tada::heart::pray:

3 Likes

Welcome to TS!! So glad you are here and like the others have said, thank you for sharing your story. You are clearly a fighter :muscle:

3 Likes

This is a great share, thank you for putting this on here. Welcome! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes

agreed Amen

2 Likes

thank you i appreciate it

1 Like