My story of how I became an addict

So I have been clean now for 52 days, and couldn’t be happier about it. I do have a great family that supports me but they just don’t understand. I’m the only one that has a problem with drugs they say that they dont judge but they are. I hidden my drug problem from them until I decided to get clean my brother won’teven talk to me and hasn’t talked since I opened up about my drug problem I thought he would always be there for me but I guess not … ok let’s talk about how I became addicted to heroin. I was lonely and I met a guy and I thought I was in love we spent every day together all my free time he had. And then one day he asked me if I wanted to do molly with him and I said yes and then he explained to me that there was two different kinds of molly one that would keep you up all night and one that would relax you. Well that was a lie I never seen molly or heroin I didnt know what I was getting myself into before I knew it I was addicted to heroin and i loved the high any kind of pain emotional or physical at first it seemed to make my problems disappear until I realized it was creating most of my problems and I would just get high to forget about them. At first we was sniffing it then we started shooting it and the high was some much more intense and my life went downhill really fast I lost everything we tried to get clean together so many times but two addicts trying to get clean together yea it didnt work at all we I was strong he was weak and when he was strong I was weak. So i knew it was time to walk away from my relationship and do what was best for me i have been clean every since that day and as far as i know so has he so as hard as it was it was the best thing that i could have done as much as i loved him we are no good for each other I stopped using cold Turkey and it was one of the hardest things that I ever done but it was worth it. and he still will not admit to me that we was doing heroin. I know I have a long journey ahead of my on my road to recovery but I’m more then ready and I am slowly getting my life back together, I know longer hate myself my anxiety is still bad and I don’t every get more than 4 hours of sleep at a time and i have horrible nightmares but i am staying positive and with time it will pass.

15 Likes

Thank you and I wish you stay strong and fight !
It really helps hearing other people’s stories, I don’t have access to any of AA kind of stuff but this is close as it gets. I used when I was much younger until I went to prison after that I had a problem less , left only with drinking and other Ds… I know it’s hard and I kinda got used to flushing my life down the drain… But stood up again and fought… Now I just wanna keep fighting !

2 Likes

Happy that I could help it really took a lot for me to post on here I’m a very private person so it took a lot for me to post I was just reading every one story’s on and I decided that it was time I put some of my story on here . I had to spend some time in jail as well thank God I was clean for 10 days before i went the withdrawals was bad enough doing it at home. And as much as I hated jail it was a big eye opener for me. How long have you been clean for? And that’s crazy you don’t have any kind of AA around you where I’m from we have AA NA and HA drung are really bad in the area I’m in

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! Welcome to the forum. 52 days is amazing!

You know, we have some people on this forum that only sleep 4 hours per night, ON PURPOSE. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I am glad you’re here.

1 Like

That’s good to know that there’s is always someone out there to talk to thank you😊

Thank you for sharing your story. It must have been difficult to type. I love that you were strong and put yourself first. Not an easy thing to do. Keep on posting and reading. Theres lots of great people on here who want to help another addict including you. It helps to see that others are able to get and stay sober no matter what it takes

2 Likes

Yea it wasn’t easy to put myself first I’m the type of person that will help everyone else before helping myself but I finally realized that my life wasn’t gonna get any better if I didn’t start putting myself first so that’s what I did and it was the best thing I could have done

1 Like

Incredible story. Keep fighting for everyday. Congratulations on your sobriety !!

1 Like

Thank you, I’m going strong :grin::star_struck:

Good luck, Our path in life has many thorns on the sude, when we get poked by one that tells us to get back on to the path or fear getting poked more in the thorn bushes.

They say that true soulmates stick togeather and don’t break up ever. You knew you had a problem, youre changing it, thats a big step. The hardest step in life is admitting you have a problem,

If you ever watch chef Ramsey, he makes them admit that they have a problem. and from there, amazing changes happen to that restraunt. Hes showing them how it can be done with the right words and help, use that concept while you continue on your journey.

Wish the best of luck to you, stay on these forums and keep us posted.

1 Like

Admitting that I have a problem was very hard not just to myself but to my family I was "the good girl " well that’s what everyone thought anyways the prusher was always on me to do bigger and better things I was expected to do great be great it was just too much. I just broke down and I pushed people out of my life my family just thought I was busy with life ( and I was I was busy destroying my life) but I’m back on track now and I’m gonna keep on moving forward no matter how many times I get poked . I’m staying strong and positive and becoming a better person every day. Thank you for replying your words really helped a lot.

1 Like

You are so worth having the life you’re building without drugs. Do it one day at a time. Peace and love in your journey. lola

2 Likes

Thank you so much, my life gets better every day. Little by little.

Welcome here Alyesa and thank you for sharing your story!
Congratulations with your 52 clean days! :tada:

1 Like